Monday, April 29, 2019

Day 2469: Bless you heart!






Red wall 1: photo, collage and digital series.









Want music?

 




Click here for Judith Hill, You Are So Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Howdy from Santa Fe. New Mexico!




We left early this morning from Irene's home in PVE for LAX.
I have learned a lesson on this trip. Pack LESS!
I have a carry on, and a bag that is way too heavy.
Irene has a backback and a bag. I'm so envious. 
LAX was hoping, made it through the security rat maze, 
past the beautiful drug dog who was really on duty.
Even had minimal trouble scanning my 2 titanium hips.
But because we taking American Eagle we had to transfer 
from LAX on a bus to our "puddle-jumper" (an Aunt Vonda term).

My carry on bag is a spinner and is fine, but the bag 
I had over-loaded with my laptop, a few art supplies, 
journal, a blanket, my ostrich pillow, an umbrella, 
a folding bag, my glasses, you get the idea.
It was so heavy that it would tip over the spinner. 
Not all the time, but too often. 
The blog title came from a kind man who saw me 
trying to carry both bags onto the shuttle. 
He was so kind, "bless your heart" came out of my mouth!
He again offered when disembarking, and I 
thanked him again. I added that I've turned into a 
Grandma that says bless your heart. He laughed and was off.


This is looking forward and back in our little plane.
Another kind man helped me put my spinner in the overhead.
I blessed his heart too. My bag fit under the seat. An hour and thirty minutes later we again unloading and in search of our rental car.
While in Albuquerque, we wanted to see our dear friends, 
so we arranged to meet them at the Range cafe.



An crazy place, with great food. 
Turns out there are six Range cafes, and 
we were sitting in one, Ron and Terry in another.
We joined them for a delicious meal. Then they took us
around Old Town in Albuquerque, a lovely area. 
Next we visited their new home of less than a year.

They are transplants from Minnesota, so love the change.




We had a wonderful visit and so enjoyed their beautiful home, which could qualify as an outstanding art gallery. Wow! 
Thanks, Ron and Terry 
for a terrific lunch and day with you both.






At 6:15 we left Albuguerque for Santa Fe, Irene drove the  beautiful drive, a little rain and amazing clouds.
At 7:30 pm we arrived at our rooms at Santa Fe Motel & Inn.


The early evening Santa Fe sky from our balcony.



Irene and son, Alex had stayed here before and it is charming. 
Wanna see my room? I thought you might. 
Irene's is similar and next door.


my bed


my kitchenette



my bathroom above, and shower below.



see my ducky?





























shampoo, conditioner and body wash in shower

To me, charming is in the details. 


Thanks so much for stopping by, 
I'll share more Santa Fe tomorrow?









A smile for Tuesday ...







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the architecture in New Mexico.