Friday, April 12, 2019

Day 2451: V & j's excellent adcenture #22.






hydrocarbons: junk mail collage










Want music?

 




Click here for  Al Green, Simply Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







Valerie and I have had adventures for quite a few years.
Day trips, memories and laughs galore.
Some are just meeting for lunch, then getting back 
to our individual tasks or to do list.
We get together every few weeks.
I got a text asking which day this week?
We decided on Thursday, then I got another text
saying she was planning a field trip for us! Great!
We have had some truly great field trips.




We met today at 10 am and we're Alhambra bound.






We both love anything about Corita, my favorite artist.
A 14 minute video on Corita Kent can be viewed here.
The showing "I wish to communicate with you" featuring 
Corita Kent & Matt Keegan, 
originally January 13 - April 14, 2019
at POTTS has been extended to April 21, 2019.





What our information didn't say was the days and hours open.



So we had to see the show through the windows.



We enjoyed a leisurely viewing through the glass.

what POTT'S looks like at night, (from brochure)

There was evidence from last weekend's showing.




Then it was time for lunch, somewhere?
We lucked out with Baja Cali Fish Tacos. 





Val had 2 fish tacos, I had 1 fish & 1 carne asada tacos. 
Both were delicious, but really spicy hot!
My mouth returned to normal in about 30 minutes. TMI?



And, on my first bite, I dropped a blob on me. TMI?




We also visited a Tibetan shop full of incense, statues, 
flags, so many colors, books, cards and jewelry. 
It was interesting but I forgot to take pictures?






We started home, taking the 710 to the 5 freeway.
Once in my car, I  took the 22 to the 55. TMI?
Not the day we planned, but every bit as much fun.
Be flexible, life doesn't always give all the details?











Home sweet home. TMI?










A smile for Friday ...


(cowlick)






No comments: