Monday, April 1, 2019

Day 2440: Just another postcard.





landscape: junk mail collage, ink & digital.










Want music?

 




Click here for Robbie Dupree, Steal Away.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Just another postcard.
A 4 x 6 Strathmore postcard, junk mail, glue stick & brayer.
 

step 1-3  

The hardest part of blog step-by-step's (that many of you have 
said you like) is me remembering to stop and take a photo!
This was has three scraps of paper down before I remembered.
(* The upper scrap is a magazine page sanded)


step 4 & 5

More brown tissue, when I decided to make it a quasi-landscape.



step 6 - 11

I added a fuzzy photo of trees on mulberry paper, middle right.
Then added strips of torn text for more trees on right.
(*I am careful to use parts of the lettering, because it would be distracting to the design if you eye tried to read real words. )



step 12

Used a fine marker to suggest land, hills etc..
 

step 13

Finishing with one more black tree, and a larger line on the horizon.
I resisted adding a pop of color, because I liked the subtle colors.

 

address side


As usual, I do a small collage on the address side.
Ready to stamp & mail.  
(*I covered the address for the recipients privacy.)
Just another postcard.

Wishing you a Happy Monday!
Thanks for stopping by.







Artist and friend Lorraine, once commented that she 
learns something everyday when she visit this little blog.
I loved that! But, I don't always get it done, 
so here's a word for you.

erose

PRONUNCIATION:  (i-ROS)

MEANING:  adjective: Irregularly notched or jagged.



erose: A leaf of the ligularia plant


I love words, and get a free daily word by email from
A.Word.A.Day with Anu Garg


There is also A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet 
must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. 
What one can be, one must be". -Abraham Maslow, psychologist 
(1 Apr 1908-1970)



How's that?









A smile for Monday ...







No comments: