Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Day 2442: I like low maintenance plants and people.




Sarah: junk mail collage postcard.











Want music?

 




Click here for  Sarah Vaughan, Fool on the hill.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









J. M. O: (just my opinion)


I like low maintenance plants and people.
I have no roses, eventhough they are beautiful.
I have a lot of successful succulents.
By this age, you have figured out what works for you.
What clothes work and what would be a disaster.
What foods to crave and what to avoid.
And, what people bring joy and others, not so much.
One benefit to age.

just my opinion.








When working on a postcard, not a regular postcard, but 
a stamp-person postcard, it is more difficult to exaggerate
the scale in such a limited space. Here goes ...


step 1

This is a cut down recycled box, heavy cardboard. I like the color.


step 2

Old newsprint, a glue stick & a brayer ... on my way.




I chose a Sarah Vaughn stamp & her music above, 


step 3 -5

... then added black newsprint to start.

step 6 - 10

Wanted to make sure I could fit in shoes, plus another arm.


step 11-15

Cool socks & part of Sarah's ensemble.


step 16 -18

A start on hands & a dress.



step 19 - 21

More hands & more dress detail. Polka dots, yea!


step 22 - 24

I always intended to use this red, just now got to it.


step 25 - 29

Dress, pockets & trim, nearly done.


step 30

Add marker & done? Not yet.

step 31

A touch of white marker. Done.








Now a postcard has two sides, right?
 I like to add a small collage to the address side.


step 1 -2

WW thinks this it's silly, a waste of time,
 




but I do it anyway.
Ready to address & get to the PO ...









A smile for Wednesday ...




No comments: