Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Day 2456: I used to be four?






Rosey Palm:  photograph & digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for John Legend, Bridge over Troubled Waters.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










*A blog revisit: Day 83: October 14, 2012 ... 2,373 days ago




  Seems quite a while ago, but I used to be four.




I did the above composition years ago, 

as part of my digital timeline.



This was taped on the back of a 8x10". I think it must have 

been in the Hollywood tradition of extolling many talents, 

and worry about delivering them later? 

I do remember some tap and ballet. 

Oh, and I sat on a pony that went in a circle.




My Dad said this was a cover for a ladies magazine.

I never saw a copy. And, this is Hollywood folks.





In 2002,  at UCI, I was assigned a digital project ... 

to combine photos and write a storyline. 

Because I was also developing my digital timeline, 

I used this photo of me at four.

This is what I came up with.








Some relatives have said it is sad, I didn't mean for it be be. 

It's just what flowed from somewhere deep inside.





She was four. Not a beauty, yet not all the way plain. 

Tiny, not tall. Brown hair, and browner eyes. 

Probably not unlike any four year old, except for her quiet intensity. A seriousness uncommon to those so young. 


A single child, loved by handsome parents. But they had their own problems, both individually and together which left the girl with lots of alone time. Time for thoughts and dreams. Maybe, in some ways, she was older than either of her parents, but she seemed to accept that as a given.



She could sit alone in her parents closet occupied by her thoughts, 
oblivious to the shouting coming from the kitchen. She wasn’t there as punishment, rather by choice. She had visions of places far away, exotic people and locals where she had been or would be ... 











A smile for Wednesday ...




3 comments:

authenticadultwoman said...

Thank you for sharing these childhood pictures and words, Jacki - What a story - how very Hollywood - and yet so very uniquely you. I can relate.

elenor said...

I so love your photos, Jacki! You were such a sweet little girl! and four is such an exciting age.
I'm not sure if you found my comment some days ago but I hope my comment will reach you today. But you have to know I'm thinking of you quite often!
Have a wonderful evening!

Gail said...

Precious child that you were, thanks for sharing!