Thursday, April 4, 2019

Day 2443: Dad's Tacos and a SxS.





Beatriz: acrylic, ink, junk mail collage &digital on canvas












Want music?

 




Click here for Bill Withers, Just the Two of Us.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Dad"s Taco's ...




Dad never cooked, with the exception of Potato Soup for one.
Being a single man, he mainly ate out.
Then he dated Phyllis and learned to make her tacos.
I learned the recipe and later cooked it for my family.

corn tortillas
1-1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
I can Ortega green chiles, chopped
garlic salt
1 can tomato paste

 


Brown the meat, onions, chiles and spice. 
Drain off most of the fat rendered. 
Stir in tomato paste and watch it blend, do not burn.
Take off heat, put aside. In iron skillet, add oil, heat till bubbly.
Put tortilla in halfway to soften, then turn over and add 
meat mixture, about two teaspoons, then fold down the 
top half of the tortilla. Brown the taco, turn over and repeat. 
When golden brown, remove and drain on paper towel. 
Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole & salsa.




*I am writing this from memory. 
I haven't made them in decades. It's too much for one. 
But I do love tacos and indulge regularly.
I often she people post recipes, this is my first.
Dad would like that.









I forgot that this was to be a step-by-step!
So the first photo is actually step 4, after drawing, 
acrylics, ink & starting junk mail collage.




step 4

step 5


Hair is done, starting on eyes.
I know the right eye is different, 
but that's how it tore & I went with it.


step 6

Okay the glasses are wonky, and 
they could look better cut out, but I tear.


step 6  close up


Finishing up with a bit more acrylic & collage.


step 7

Not great, but near'nuff?











A smile for Thursday ...





No comments: