Monday, April 15, 2019

Day 2454: Grass is always greener?





self portrait: acrylic, collage & digital











Want music?

 




Click here for Judith Hill, Cry, Cry, Cry.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







Saturday I took Zoey to Dogtopia at 8:30 am.


She was so excited to go in, she drug me to the door.


Dogtopia is a 17, 500' facility in Anaheim Hills, 
where they offer, day care, spa, and boarding.

Gym Yard, Pool Waterfall & Shade Sails

Zoey loves to go and comes home tired but happy 
after a full day of play. I picked her up at 4pm. 


Gym Pool & Falls

Grandhunk #1 stopped by to see us, what a kind young man,
 He had just got off an 8 hour shift at Social, and 
still played on the floor with Zoey. She cried after he left.




Sunday was my third and last day at the house on the hill.
Both granddogs were ready to get up at 6:15.
Grandhunk #3 left for work at Rockwell's at 7:30. 




While there, I take time to do things I rarely do at home.



Relax on a chaise, maybe even read?


Zoey decided there was space enough for me to share.



Then she worried that Laker was having more fun, she joined him.




When she got down, Laker came up.  Grass is always greener?

Grandhunk #3 came home at 2:30 after work and
also played with the dogs and told me about his day.
I had the Figure Skating World Championships on tv.


GH#3 said, "do you like this stuff? "
I said, "I like the womens and mens competition, but 
not so much the pairs, which were on the screen at the time. 



GH#3 said, "why do they wear those weird clothes?"


I said, "some are strange, but others are quite lovely.
They have to wear outfits that allow them to move & jump."

Nathan Chen, USA, MensWorld Champion

He thought about it, then said "jump?" 

A quad, Nathan Chen, USA, MensWorld Champion

I explained the quad, "four complete rotations in the air, 
and landing gracefully. That very few men could do this skill, 
and just recently a few tiny women.


Hard for a 6'4", 250, 18 year old hunk to relate to figure skating, 
but now he knows a "quad".











A smile for Monday ...





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this one. I love it when you talk about the dogs (and their fun pictures ) I'm conflicted about getting another dog since Harvey's death this week. Perhaps I'm too old.

Jean Cohen