Friday, January 5, 2024

Day 4148: Mistakes and a cane.

 

 

"Barriers": junk collage, digital.





  

Want music?

 

    Click here:  Don Ho, I'll Remember You.



 

 
2GN2S


 

Philosopher Alan Watts on mistakes

 


"Regard yourself as a cloud, in the flesh, because you see, clouds never make mistakes. Did you ever see a cloud that was misshapen? Did you ever see a badly designed wave? No, they always do the right thing. But, if you will, treat yourself for a while as a cloud or a wave and realize that you can’t make a mistake whatever you do. Because even if you do something that appears totally disastrous, it will all come out in the wash somehow or another. Then through this capacity you will develop a kind of confidence. And through confidence you will be able to trust your own intuition."

Source: Taoism: Way Beyond Seeking



 

Physical Therapy

 

I went to P/T today, last time I had Joseph. and today I had Daniel. Joseph was soft spoken and took into account my age. Daniel plays hardball. He times me doing various skills that require balance, since that's why I'm in P/T. I  have five new exercises to do three times a day, two are. harder versions of the last, three are new. By the time I return February 1st, he expects me to be strong enough to no longer need the cane. Yes, he wants me to walk with a cane for this next month! Can you imagine how thrilled I am?


 
 
 
 
 

  
 
A 2 minute video, 2 yr. old dances , here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

white-crested turaco.



Friday's Smiles ...  




 


    


   
 
   


 



   

   
  






 


4 comments:

elenor said...

It wouldn't get boring for you, doing your exercises three times a day. But I'm sure you never get bored, Jacki. As an artist you always find lots of things you can do with your time.
My son and grandchildren will come for a visit tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to seeing them. Have a happy weekend too, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, I am rarely bored. I am an only child, so I had to learn early, how to use my time

john said...

There is a quilt quality with this piece. About the cane. Me, too, soon. A walker as well. Knee replacement.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, I thought it had a fabric look too. I don't envy you the knee replacement or the walker, but you will mend and heal and stories to tell. ;o)