Monday, January 22, 2024

Day 4165: Words and Rain.


   

"Worries": junk collage, inks, digital.



  

Want music?

 

   

  Click here: Bill Withers, Just the Two of Us.



 

 
2GN2S
 
New (or old) ones
 
 

 
 Wayne State University's Word Warriors program has released its 2024 list of extremely cool words, and they are a feast for the brain. The program highlights delightful, oddly applicable words that have been lost to time and definitely deserve a renaissance. Among this year's shortlist are:
  • curglaff (n): the shock when one plunges into cold water
  • rawgabbit (n): a person who speaks confidently but ignorantly
  • thunderplump (n): a heavy lashing of rain during a rainstorm

They actually seem so accurate if you think about it. Of course that's what a rawgabbit is! 

 

 

Read some other highlights from the list here

 


Rain

 


When I came into the office this morning, as I raised the shade I saw that it had rained. You see we don't get much rain, though we need it badly. Yesterday I saw that the weatherman said possible showers, which usually means a very slight maybe?

The green plants are greener. And on a closer look you might notice drops hanging from leaves? I think it looks like they are wearing (for a vert short time) jewelry? I took this picture so you could agree?


 
 
 
 

  
 
A 1+ minute video, Yellow Balloon, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Red Kite

 



Monday's Smiles ...  



 
  



  
   
   


 
 
 
  



   


   

 






 


 


6 comments:

elenor said...

Love the droplets on your beautiful plants, Jacki. You used the same green of the leaves in your great collage. It got my attention on the first sight. Maybe it's the combination with the red/orange and the bright blue? Worries is the perfect title.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor. I am glad that you like the collage. Have a great week.

Lynn said...

Words, jewels, and bad hare day. Sigh, what could be a more delightful way to start the day?

jacki long said...

Oh wow, thanks Rad Nana! Your opinion is dear to me and I appreciate any time you have to write. ;o)

john said...

Lovely! It kind of reminds me of Irene. Love that you included a portrait portion to the abstraction. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. Sometimes I accidentally make a good decision?