Saturday, January 20, 2024

Day 4163: Partytime and Rust.

 

 

"Everyday": junk collage.





  

Want music?

 

 

    Click here: Jacob Collier, Witness Me.



 

 
2GN2S 

As Jim Carrey himself once said, “It’s party time.”

The “Mask” actor did just that earlier this week at Los Angeles hotspot the San Vicente Bungalows, where he celebrated his 62nd birthday – and what a guest list.



(* This is an encore from blog# 177, 11 years ago in 2013)

I have always loved rusty things.
Maybe it's being born in Indiana?
Aunt Fern gave me many rusty treasures.
I love any kind of tool, and if it's rusty ... ♥♥♥


I once lived in a house with a 30' wall.
I filled that wall with rusty tools & stuff.



I mentions this as a preamble to ... 



my stop at an Irvine roadside farm.



Originally, the stop was for strawberries ...



but I was lured instead by the rusty farm tools.



The lines, the shadows, the rusty colors ... 



I was in rust heaven ...



to me, a magical find.





 
 
 
 

  
 
A 4  minute video, Big Catch, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Black Swan

 

Saturday's Smiles ...  



 



     


   
    


 
 
  



   
   



   



 


 


6 comments:

Lois Olsen said...

Amazing photos! what an eye you have! Love your blogs ,Lois

elenor said...

Jacki, believe it or not. I too have photographs of these old farm machines. I love these old things and I always would like to know about the men working with them in long gone times. For me it seems a way of respect to honor both.
This wall you decorated with so many treasures is wonderful.
And BTW cosmos are my first remembered flowers.
Happy Sunday!

jacki long said...

Thank you Lois, it is always so lovely to hear from you. I know you are usually busy with your beautiful art, can I ask what you are working on now? Thanks again for commenting.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, you are so thoughtful and kind. I think we have a lot of shar3ed interests? Have a great new week

john said...

Amazingly colorful or delightfully colorful. Really well done. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I am always so flattered when you like it.