Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Day 4153: Harriet Tubman coins and Distractions.

 

 

"Factions" junk collage, inks

 



  

Want music?

 

    

Click here: Rose Royce, I Wanna Get Next to You



 

2GN2S


U.S. Mint issues commemorative coins celebrating Harriet Tubman. 

Starting Thursday, admirers of Harriet Tubman and numismatists alike can buy coins commemorating the famed abolitionist and human rights activist issued by the U.S. Mint.

The agency is offering a $5 gold coin, a $1 silver dollar and a clad half-dollar, featuring designs depicting three different eras in Tubman's life, including her historic role of transporting enslaved people to freedom through the Underground Railroad. The coins can be purchased individually or as part of a set.

"We hope this program will honor the life and legacy of Harriet Tubman and inspire others to learn more about this amazing woman," Ventris C. Gibson, director of the U.S. Mint, said in a statement. Gibson signed 250 Certificates of Authenticity for the 2024 Harriet Tubman Three-Coin Proof Set, which will be randomly inserted into unmarked sets.

$5 gold coin


$1 silver dollar   



Sales will include a surcharge of $35 for each $5 gold coin; $10 for each silver dollar; $5 for each half dollar; and $50 for each three-coin set. The proceeds will go to the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, and the Harriet Tubman Home in Auburn, New York.



 

When my laptop was sent away to reform school, they asked if I had back-up and I did or do.  But, I've never had to use it and I don't know how to go about it? Most everything was there when I got it back, but 2 folders, one that had blog stories and ideas, music and video links, I am lost without it. All the Dad stories. I really can't complain since I can do the blog again, but my brain said, "where's the folder?"




I am still sorting through Christmas stuff. The cards, the ribbons, the various wrapping papers, the gift bags that have somehow reproduced? I have been at this for many days now, and should have been done days ago but, I see something I missed, or read a message, or imagine an idea? Today there as an especially beautiful card, and I stopped to remember when this handsome grown man was a nine year old student with me and on through the years. I do get easily distracted.



 
 
 

  
 
A 3 minute video, Counting sheep, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Blue-creasted Bee-eater



Wednesday's Smiles ...  



 



  
   

 
 
 
 




   
  



   






 



 

7 comments:

Irene said...

Good to know about the coins. I haven't heard her name in a while, nor have I ever had a five dollar coin. I never know what I will learn when I come here. I am sorry that you are still going thru tech hell but it looks like you are slowing making your way out. Happy Wednesday. xo

elenor said...

Computers are really great but one doesn't have anything physical or a "real" thing in your hand. No internet, no power means nothing is there. That concerns me sometimes. JAcki, I hope you can solve all the troubles soon.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Irene, it is always so good to hear from you. Thanks also for the text, I think I have a new hero? Take good care, Irene.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, you are so kind. Yes the technical side of computing is always advancing,and hard to keep up??

jacki long said...

thanks Irene, it is always lovely to hear from you. I LOVE THAT STORY AND WORKED ON IT FOR TOMORROW'S BLOG, caps unintentional.

john said...

Do you know the artist Nancy Bell Scott? Look her up on Pinterest when you get a chance. This piece reminds me of some of her work. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. No I hadn't heard of Nancy Bell Scott but I did look her up on her website and I do see the similarity. Nice work. Thanks, John.