Saturday, January 13, 2024

Day 4156 : Debts cleared and books.

 

   

"Nightmare": junk collage, inks, digital.





  

Want music?

 

    Click here:  Chaka Kahn, Sweet Thing



 

2GN2S


N.Y. woman clears $108M of other people's medical debt — after dying of cancer.

 


Casey McIntyre's insurance kept her debt-free. Other patients, she soon learned, weren't as fortunate.

When Casey McIntyre was planning her own memorial service, she decided she didn't want it to be all doom and gloom. The 38-year-old New Yorker had stage four ovarian cancer. And as her condition worsened, she knew she'd soon be leaving behind her husband and 18-month daughter. But she decided to also leave behind a legacy — one that would change the lives of Americans saddled with hospital bills they can't afford to pay. 

"Casey is a very joyous person and we wanted there to be an element of joy to the ceremony," her husband, Andrew Rose Gregory, said. "And we had this idea for, you know: What if we raise money to relieve debt?"

 



 My good friend Denise is maybe my best source for a really good books. In the past she has given me two of my favorites ...


Last December she gave me ...    


I am now need of a good book, since I just finished another good book,


 
 
 
 

  
 
A 2  minute video, smallest cat, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Glossy Ibis

 


Saturday's Smiles ...  



 



  

   
 
 

 


 

  


  



 



 

6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Love your graphic and also the last of the "funnys" section, which is, in my mind rather profound. Thank you.

elenor said...

Jacki, your blog brightens my days. Always!
Thank you for that.
Happy Sunday!

jacki long said...

Thanks Carrol,
Thanks once again for your kind words, they are fuel for me to keep going. Hugs to you and Stan, take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor1 Your beautiful photos are in tomorrow's blog and are such a great addition for the blog. Thanks again.

john said...

When I first looked at this piece I thought of it as a postage stamp. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I don't think amnone would buy that stamp? I think it's the blue at the bottom that maybe resembled perforation? Thanks again, for your feedback.