Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Day 4145: Dread and an Angel.



Dread": collage, photos, digital.

   




 
 
 
  

Want music?

 

     

Click here: Eric Clapton, Change the World.



 

2GN2S


Dread ... what an awful word!


I just decided.

Dread is a bad word. A bad 5 letter word.

I don't dread very often.

But when I do, it is such a waste of time.

It is suffering ahead of time, for what you will do anyway.

As is my nature, I decided to use it in an art composition above.


1dread

verb \ˈdred\
                : to fear something that will or might happen
transitive verb
a :  to fear greatly
 
 
"A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once. It seems to me most strange that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come."
 
Wm. Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Julius Caesar Act II, scene 2.



I  recently scanned old photos of one of my angels.
I believe in angels. So there!
One angel is Aunt Bea.


My Dad's cousin, Bea, was beautiful.
She worked for the telephone company, and
always looked like she stepped out a magazine.


Bea and my Mom

A friend, Donna, with Aunt Bea

Aunt Bea was always tan, I remember her sunbathing.


Aunt Bea and Uncle Bert

Aunt Bea and me, age 2


I think
Aunt Bea 
and 
Uncle Bert were the "Barbie 
and Ken" 
of their day.
The perfect
couple and 
I loved 
them 
both.
Aunt Heddy, Aunt Bea's Mother and Bea in the Pacific
 
Indiana people coming to California, really enjoyed the beach.


L to R: Uncertain?,  Della Martin,  Aunt Vonda,  Aunt Heddy,  Aunt Tillie,  front: Aunt Bea & Mom


I remember lots of Indiana family and friends visiting.
Maybe in the winter, for some sunshine.

















Bea and Bert's first Big Bear cottage in 1965.

My life is blessed in so many ways, and a big
part of it is because of Aunt Bea and Uncle Bert.


 
 
 

  
 
A 3 minute video, Count, 1-2-3, here.
 
 
  

Just because ...
  

Blue-banded Pita

 


Tuesday's Smiles ...  



 



  
   
 
 
 



   


  
 

 









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy your blogs!❤️

Irene said...

I think Aunt Bea and WW have a resemblance that can be seen in the first photo. I agree, you are blessed with so many angels in your life. xo

Anonymous said...

Those were the days! Everyday 50's glamor

jacki long said...

Yes, dressed up most of the time.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I guess I use black and white every so often to cleanse the palette?