Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Day 4160: Power of Music and Palms.

 


"Skirmish": ink, digital.




  

Want music?

 

     

Click here: Stevie Wonder, Isn't She Lovely


 

 
2GN2S


The power of music

 


Ralph Yarl was only 16 when he was shot in the head last April after approaching the wrong house in Kansas City to pick up his siblings. Though he survived, his story has been a heartbreaking chapter in the ongoing scourge of gun violence in the US. Maybe that's why it's so exhilarating to see how far Yarl has come since the tragedy. The high school senior, who is known for his musicianship, was recently named second chair bass clarinet in the 2024 Missouri All-State Orchestra. Anyone in the music community knows that's a huge honor, and any music lover knows what it must mean and how much courage and talent it must take to keep creating art after such suffering. 

Read the whole story here



Today I had another appointment with my eye doctor. I have been wearing a new prescription contact to see if they are okay for me, Today I ordered a years supply at $332. And I have a new prescription for glasses, mine are 11 years old and almost useless.



 My favorite part of going to Kaiser-Tustin Ranch is the entrance with gorgeous Washingtonoian Palms, sky and the reflective glass.
 

You can imagine how silly I looked, shooting 5this?



 
 
 
 
 

A 3+ minute video, Egyptian Pyramids, here.
 
 


Just because ...
  

 Blackburnian Warbler


Wednesday's Smiles ...  



 



 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 



 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, what a good idea taking these shots of the palms and their reflections. And I love this blue sky. Here it is so dark all day and I'm glad the days become longer.
Good glasses and contacts are a blessing, aren't they?

jacki long said...

Yes indeed, My Aunt Vonda was with me when I got my contacts and I was so thrilled. That was over 20 years ago! Take good care, Elenor.

john said...

I love the abstract feel of these individuals. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank, John. That was my intent, but didn't know if it worked?