Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Day 4159: Micro and the old woman.

 

  

"Casualties": junk collage, digital.


 

 



  

Want music?

 

    Click here: DeBarge, A Dream



 

2GN2S
 
"Guess What in the World is Happening in this Photo!" 



It's a favorite game, "Guess What in the World is Happening in this Photo!" 

This was one of the winning images of the Close-up Photographer of the Year 2023 competition. The contest, in its fifth year, celebrates micro and macro photography, striving to show the hidden wonders of the natural world, from microscopic fungi to majestic animals. (Micro is the term used for taking photos of tiny subjects that require magnification, while macro involves capturing close-up images of larger subjects.) Photographer René Krekels won the Insect category with this image of wood ants defending their territory by spraying acid. Seems effective! 

Read the whole story here



 

More Memories ...

I was texting John today, 

he said he liked the graphic (below) of me with a cane, in a recent blog.  He said, " The image of you with the cane (below) is priceless. No one is going to fool with you. :-)"

 

I replied, "Thanks John, yes, that is the main idea of Karate is to avoid conflict, but when you can't, be ready. But then I got sidetracked, and said I used to do a demo where I was dressed in a huge polka dot dress, hat, stockings rolled up and down, I carried a purse (filled with styrofoam) and a cane. I beat up 9 guys, never taking more than a few tiny shuffle steps. It was pretty funny. 
 

 
Now I am the old woman. 
 
 
 
 


  
 
A 2 minute video, DIVING POLAR BEARS, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Male Evening Grosbeck

 


Tuesday's Smiles ...  




 


 

 


 
 



   
  
 






 



 

8 comments:

Irene said...

Of course I loved hearing that John loved your graphic. I am not surprised that he did. That's my favorite photo of him. And what a funny story about your old lady demo. I hadn't heard that one. Have a lovely day, Jacki. Reading this brightened the start of mine.

Bea said...

Loved your sweet story…b

elenor said...

So many things to smile, Jacki. Love your blog. Each and every day.

jacki long said...

Awww, thanks Irene, it is so great to hear from you and I do appreciate your kind words.

jacki long said...

Thanks Bea, you are so kind, and I love hearing from you.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, your kind words are like a present!

john said...

Hey there. Catching up and what a surprise to see my image. You mentioned that you were texting me. I am glad I read what you wrote because I never got the text. You must have sent the text to the landline. Another fantastic piece by the wonderful Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, that is such a good photo of you. Irene said it's her favorite.