Friday, January 19, 2024

Day 4162: Tigers and Jake.

 

 

"Devastation":junk collage, digital.




  


Want music?

 

    Click here:  Jack Johnson, Banana Pancakes



 

 
2GN2S
 
Malaysia's Last Tigers




Emmanuel Rondeau has photographed tigers across Asia for the past decade, from the remotest recesses of Siberia to the pristine valleys of Bhutan. But when he set out to photograph the tigers in the ancient rainforests of Malaysia, he had his doubts.

“We were really not sure that this was going to work,” says the French wildlife photographer. That’s because the country has just 150 tigers left, hidden across tens of thousands of square kilometers of dense rainforest.



“Tiger numbers in Malaysia have been going down, down, down, at an alarming rate,” says Rondeau. In the 1950s, Malaysia had around 3,000 tigers, but a combination of habitat loss, a decline in prey, and poaching decimated the population. By 2010, there were just 500 left, according to WWF, and the number has continued to fall. The Malayan tiger is a subspecies native to Peninsular Malaysia, and it’s the smallest of the tiger subspecies in Southeast Asia.
 
 
for more on this story, go here.
 


Jacob to the rescue!

 Last night I almost cried! Almost. I was working late and my laptop asked for my password and I drew a blank, it had been a long day and I guess what brain cells I have, were AWOL. So I decided to reset the password, when I did, it wanted my Apple ID. I looked in my password book and there were several, so I tried them until Apple locked me out for 30 minutes. I waited and tried some others, then Apple locked me out again, this time for an hour. I would have called GH#2, Jake, who has helped me before, but it was after midnight.I gave up, went to bed thinking I'd be fresh in the morning?

Morning came, and after my shower/shampoo I decided to tackle the laptop. It had been patiently waiting, with the request and I had the same reaction, I  tried everything again and was again locked out! In desperation I sent Jake a text:  

Jake called at 2pm but I was again on a 1 hour lockout, so he decided to come over at 3 pm. He did and this is how he looked :


and the fact that you are seeing Friday's blog now, is attributed to GH#2, who got me back into my laptop.Yea Jake!!

Close call.

 
 
 
 

  
 
A 2 minute video, L'altra Par, here.
 
 
  
Just because ...
  

Seriema-Cariama

 


Friday's Smiles ...  




 


 

 
   
 

 
 



 





 



 


8 comments:

Irene said...

I have to hand it to you for hanging in there, Jacki. You did it! I appreciate your dedication and commitment to this blog. You are an inspiration. xo

Anonymous said...

I thank God every day for my grand kids. I look at them and feel they’re one of the few things I did right. Always proud!!😤😤

elenor said...

What a dear, kind, clever, good looking, .... young man Jake, your GH#2, is. He is a blessing - can I say so?
I'm glad your laptop is working again thanks to his help.
Happy weekend, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks Irene, Thank you for your kind words, of course I have so much help and the kind words are a big, big help. It is getting harder and taking longer, but I think it's good for me to be accountable? Take good care.

jacki long said...

Thank you anonymous, I agree, grandchildren are such a blessing.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, of course, you can anything and I thank you for your support over the years. Jake and all the GH's are such a blessing.

john said...

What I love about this piece is what I call the lighting. Moving from one side to the other pops of white take me to the next pop of white and back and forth. So great job on using light to move the eye. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I think it is a bit busy??