Friday, June 30, 2023

Day 3973: Frisbee's and Postcards.

        

"Struggle": collage, digital.


 
 Want music?
 








Click here: Stevie Wonder, You Are The Sunshine

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 
2GN2S

A dog in Moundsville, West Virginia, has been busy, collecting tons of lost frisbees for a cause.

  • According to the AKC, Labrador retrievers are active, friendly, and outgoing dogs, known as the traditional waterdogs of Newfoundland, and work as duck retrievers and fishermen’s mates. Daisy’s discs piled up until Mason’s friend suggested she sell them as a fundraiser, all 155. Later Daisy’s quirky hobby was on social media and said the discs not claimed by September will be sold during a one-day sale with the proceeds going to the park where they were found.   headtopics.com
     


A while back,  I worked on some cardboard postcards.
Some have gesso first, then a drawing ...


The guy was on tv, and I did a quick sketch before he was gone.


I have been fascinated with exaggerated limbs and bodies, long necks have always been a staple. 
(I always wanted a long neck.)


This album cover inspired a lot of the flowy dress drawings.


Some are marker drawings, a few are ink-brush drawings. I have made my own mark-making tissue for collage. I got it out.



You'd probably give little hope for this big-neck girl? Me too.



and I am deciding whether I will collage?
I kind of like them unfinished? 
Who knows? Or, cares?

 



 
 

 
A 1+ minute video, baby beaverhere.



Just because ...

black-chimed  honey-eater




Friday's Smiles ...
 


 


 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 


6 comments:

Sam Zimmerman said...

I love the look of the flowy dresses!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Sam, me too!o good to hear from you!

elenor said...

Love each of your sketches, Jacki!
Happy weekend!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Wishing you a great weekend as well. ;o)

john said...

Expressive. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John.