Saturday, June 24, 2023

Day 3966: Stonehenge and Katsu.


"Sanctions": junk mail collage.


 
 Want music?
 








Click here: Jacob Collier, All I Need

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 
 
2GN2S
  • Stonehenge welcomes 8,000 visitors for the summer solstice


    Around 8,000 revelers gathered around a prehistoric stone circle on a plain in southern England to express their devotion to the sun, or to have some communal fun.

    Druids, pagans, hippies, local residents and tourists, many clad in an array of colorful costumes and even antlers, stayed and celebrated at Stonehenge for the night and greeted sunrise on Wednesday, which is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere.

    “Stonehenge continues to captivate and to bring people together to celebrate the seasons, just as it has done for thousands of years,” said Nichola Tasker, director of Stonehenge at English Heritage, a charity that manages hundreds of historic sites.
    There was a wonderful atmosphere from sunset to sunrise, and everybody enjoyed a very atmospheric morning.

     

    More information and video. here.

     


 

 

It's Day 3 in Henderson, Nevada. But I want to show you some photos from Day 2. For lunch we went to ...
 

 Reccomended by Kevin Suzuki, and then again by sister, Lisa Suzuki who ate there and returned again the following day! We all said we could do the same.

 

 


 

 
 
 
And look how they packaged our leftovers
 

 

 We'll be back!
 


 
 

 
A 30 second video, Sumo's Urahere.



Just because ...
 
Grackle 




Saturday's Smiles ...
 
 



 




                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 


8 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Great Blog, Jacki,

I am bad from the trip: glad to be home, but of course my water heater decided to go on a vacation now, so I need to call a plumber to get hot water back for all the trip clothes.

I will look forward to going back and reading the blogs I missed. Thank you, thank you, as always.

jacki long said...

Where di9d you go, Carrol! I don't think I knew?I m so happy for you both.
it is gorgeous, it feels like a resort minus the unknown people. I fly home Monday.

elenor said...

That collage is just what I love most. Just a few colors, just a few pieces. Marvelous!
I was already looking forward to your next family pics, and i wasn't disappointed. They are lovely.
Jacki, enjoy Sunday with your family!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! I really am, their home is like a resort with all the extra people.Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I agree, your collage was eye catching. The food at Ton Yon looked fabulous. Thank you Jackie.

jacki long said...

Thank you, ANONYMOUS! INITALS?? no hint???

john said...

Great use of fonts. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I love the series you have.