Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Day 3955: Triple Crown and Eating out.

"Broken": junk mail collage.


 
Want music?
 








Click here: Patti LaBelle, On My Own.

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...Triple Crown

  •  
    The Triple Crown is a series of three Thoroughbred races each spring, at different tracks and distances over the  five weeks. The Triple Crown kicks off with the Kentucky Derby on the first Saturday in May each year. It’s run at 
    1-¼ miles at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. The second race of the Triple Crown, is the Preakness Stakes two weeks later, at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Md., hosts the 1 3/16-mile event. The final leg of the series is the 1 ½-mile Belmont Stakes, run at Belmont Park near New York City three weeks after the Preakness. 
       

  • More info here.  
     


 

I had an exciting weekend.

Brandon called to see if we could get together Saturday afternoon?  Of course I said of course. We went to a cute place they love here in Tustin. I don't remember the name as it was new to me, but I did take some photos. They had delicious burgers.

cool signage.


 

Brandon's wife, Courtney took this photo of me,Noel, Nova & Brandon.

Then on Saturday, Atomu (Chris) Sakai asked if I would like to have dinner Sunday evening with their family. Of course I said of course. Atomu and Mika have two great boys, Taigen (13) and Soma (11). We ate at Tanaka-ya where they make their own noodles. I didn't take photos so I pulled two photos from FB.

 

Taigen and his 7th grade Science teacher

Atomu (Chris), Soma, Taigen, & Roy Center, the boys instructor.

What a lovely family, thank you for a wonderful evening.



 
 

 
A 4 minute video, ferral kittenhere.



Just because ...


Southern Padre Island Pelican






Tuesday's Smiles ...
 


 

 







                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 


4 comments:

Branmuffin said...

In case there are any locals, it's Peter's Gourmade Burgers.

https://www.petersgourmadeburgers.com/

jacki long said...

okay, duly noted! :o)

john said...

I love how the red line draws me across this piece. :-)

jacki long said...

THANKS, JOHN. I ALWAYS THINK OF YOU WHEN ADDING RED! ;O)