Thursday, June 8, 2023

Day 3950: Catfish and Podcasts.

      

                                              "Attacks": watercolors, inks, digital

      


                                                 

Want music? and a great video?

        Click here: Humble and Kind

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

The purr-fect catfish! World record 9ft 4¼in fish is caught in Italian river after the 'monster' put up a 43-minute struggle

You may not be interested in catfish? But stay with me if you have a minute? My Dad loved them, I don't.

There was a creek on my Grandpa Beatty's farm in Indiana. All the kids loved the creek and the catfish in it. I watched the process and decided it wasn't for me. Because I had no intention of trying to catch at my peril, an intimidating being that I had no intention of eating? In my fuzzy memory our catfish were 4' -8", the latter being a whopper in our view. But I digress? A lot.

Some photos of the world record Catfish caught!

Italian angler Alessandro Biancardi caught a record-breaking catfish in the river Po


A 'monster' catfish could be the largest ever caught at a staggering 9ft 4 1/4 inches, after an Italian angler fought with the bottom-dwelling beast for 43 minutes before eventually reeling it in.

On the river Po for Alessandro Biancardi, a keen angler, and almost losing his boat in the process. He managed to hook the record-breaking catch after just a few casts, but was 'sent into a panic' after he realized he was facing the biggest fish of his 23-year career, alone.

Alessandro tried to glove the mouth of the monster fish as he fought for 40 minutes


  
This catfish surpasses the all-tackle world record for length by 40cm


Throwback Thursday ...

WonderWoman earns Shodan degree

Santa Ana, CA  1990.

Senpai David Hines, WW, me, Leo Nakamura

 

 

The World of Podcasts?

 

WonderWoman has been urging me to try some podcasts. When she and Superman are driving, especially long trips, they enjoy their different podcasts. As I write this, I am listening to my first podcast! Surprisingly, I can still work, and stop to laugh and it's fun. I find there are many to choose from. Luckily I picked Wiser Than Me with Julia Louise-Dreyfus. So far, I have heard really great interviews with Jane Fonda (85) and Isabel Allende (80) I really enjoyed both and got my work done too. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks?


 
 

 
A  28+ minute video, Ming Gardenhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Southern Double-collared Sunbird


 


Thursday's Smiles ...
  


 
 










                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 



8 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm totally in awe of you how you create such an interesting blog each day for us. Thanks!
Todays art of the day is really exciting. I really get the feeling of being attacked.
What a lovely photo of you and WW. You were so proud for her and happy.
Do you know that the river Po wasn't as full with water as in this pic? Italy was expecting huge problems because it had not rained enough in winter and farmers could not water their fields. And then it rained so much, that wide areas were flooded and destroyed. What a disaster!
By the way I sometimes listen to a podcast, but usually I don't have enough time for it. You know, how older I get the less time I think to have. I see you smile when you read this!
Jacki, have a good day. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's blog.

jacki long said...

Thanks $Elenor, tomorrow's blog is ready offstage to appear at 12"03 AM. Thank you for your constant support, it meaan more to me than you realize. Have a great weekend!

Irene said...

I would have been so shocked to see that catfish at the end of my line! Where do you find your stories! Love the pic of you hugging WW! xo

Irene Rafael said...

Also such a sweet photo of Sensei.

john said...

Orange and purple work so well together. Who would have thought? :-)

jacki long said...

Irene! What a lovely surprise! I think of you so often.Thanks so much!
Yes, that is maybe my favorite picture of Sensei. He is greatly missed.

Irene said...

❤️ I know that sensei leaves a huge gap for many who loved him.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I liked it too.