Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Day 3948: Rescue and New Tires.

                                          https://wwwhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYuMfhYvXg.youtube.com/watch?v=WvYuMfhYvXghttps:/

"Save": watercolor, collage, acrylic, ink.


Want music?

Click here: Jake Shimabukura, Don't Stop Believing

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

High-stakes rescue 


  


For those adventurers who feel called upward, danger is never far. Thankfully, there are people like Gelje Sherpa. The 30-year-old guide rescued a Malaysian climber on Mount Everest after he was found shivering in an area called the "death zone." Gelje hauled the climber 1,900 feet down the mountain, where another guide named Nima Tahi Sherpa, joined the rescue. The guides wrapped the climber in a sleeping mat traded off carrying and dragging him the rest of the way to safety. Gelje even convinced his initial client to give up his summit attempt, saying it was more important for the guide to rescue the climber. Gelje, a devout Buddhist, likened the rescue to his religion. "Saving one life is more important than praying at the monastery," he said.


Read the whole story here.



In yesterday's blog (here), I mentioned about Grandhunks  #1 & 3 who now live in Nevada. They are their new (to them)  Irvine apartment and they both have jobs. This afternoon I was in my bedroom when I heard a voice, a male voice saying Grandma? Turns out that WonderWoman had texted him to see if he had heard from me? They have me on 360' and can see where I am. Seems like I missed a bunch of calls because I had left my phone in the studio and couldn't hear the ring. So Jake came to check on me.

I hadn't seen him in a while because he was working double shifts, going to school, finding and moving to a new(to them) moving furniture, getting their house ready for inspection, etc. But, today, I got a text.

When I saw him, after some hugs, he looked so tired. He had bought new tires for his car that morning and I took a photo. 

  


We talked for a while but I could see he needed a nap. He said he would, and then he had a dinner date. He admitted he hadn't had regular sleep or food lately. I guess we never stop worrying ?



 
 

 
A  2+minute video, Spelling Bee, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Blue waxbill

 
 


Tuesday's Smiles ...
 

   

  

  

  



                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm so happy for you that you could see your grandson. He is such a good young man.
I especially loved your art of the day, "Save" and I had fun with all of today's smiles. The 2GN2S also was great. So, a wonderful blog again!

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor. Yes, two days in a row. I am happy.

Irene said...

I think the days of people of the younger generation reading books is long gone!!🤷🏻‍♀️xo

john said...

Love the quilt effect! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Irene. Yes, I know and it makes me sad that they miss out, they are masterful on the phone? And, cursive, Zack has trouible reading cursive, I have to print. ;op

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I wasn't trying for that, but what often happens it has other plans.