Sunday, June 4, 2023

Day 3946: Sologamy and Endless Love.

   
"Angels pray": ink, collage.



                                         

 Want music?

Click here:Maroon Five,She Will Be Loved

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

These women wanted a symbolic expression of self-love. So they married ... themselves!

From L to R, Brittany Rist, Ena Jones, Dorothy "Dottie" Fideli and Danni Adams

These beautiful ladies all said, "You know what? I'm my OWN love of my life!" Yes, self-marriage, or sologamy, is a thing. ("Sex and the City" watchers will remember when the show covered it way back in 2003.) My colleague Faith Karimi talked to four women who married themselves, and at least one expert says there's something real behind the trend. “What stands out for me about this trend is that more and more people are realizing that they need to take responsibility for their own happiness — that they can have a satisfying, meaningful life without being in a partnership,” says therapist John Amodeo. Some of these women held full-on weddings, with bridesmaids and dresses and everything. At 77, Dorothy Fidelli said "I do" to herself decades after a divorce. "I felt important to myself … like I was somebody. 

 

Brittany Rist, 34, held a wedding for herself last November in her backyard in Ozark, Missouri.
 

It’s hard to explain the feeling – you have to feel it in your soul.”                                     More story, here


 

Endless love ...

If you see this blog, you know that I have three Grandhunks!  1, 2 &3. They all are a bit crazy like our whole family. But they have good hearts, and are kind.

I am in mourning as GH#1&3 moved to Las Vegas  (Thursday morning) to a new apartment and new jobs. I know it's a good thing. But, selfishly I will miss our lunches and random visits. I got a text Thursday from GH#3 ...

 All of you Grandma and Grandpas know how much this means?




 
 

 
A 16 minute video, artist Mary Cassat, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Scarlet Ibis



 


Sunday's Smiles ...
 
  
 




 


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 


6 comments:

Kay L Thomas said...

The grand hunk part made me cry. Those grandchildren are so important in our lives. Stay strong.

elenor said...

That's hard that GH#1 and 3 don't live near you anymore. And I know exactly they are in your thoughts all day long. But remember you are also in their thoughts every moment and will always have a place in their hearts. That's the best and most important thing in life.

jacki long said...

Thanks Kaye, it's the first time in their lives that we haven't lived close. They want me to move to Nevada, but I am so settled here for now. There will probably come a time.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, yes, change is always hard. But they fly me up every so often, I'll be going up June21. I know you know the missing part! ;o)

john said...

So different. I am not into sheet music ephemera but this one I like a lot! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, Yes, I am with you, I have rarely used sheet music, but this one seemed to want it?