Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Day 3970: P.O. and cluttered studio.

"David and Goliath": acrylic, junk mail collage



 
 Want music?
 








Click here: Corine Bailey Rae, Put Your Records

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 
 
2GN2S
  • The post office at the end of the world
     
    The world's most remote post office is on Antarctica’s Goudier Island and it's currently run by a team of four women -- and a lot of penguins. Postmaster Clare Ballantyne, base leader Lucy Bruzzone, wildlife monitor Mairi Hilton and shop manager Natalie Corbett beat out thousands of others for the yearlong position, which led them some 8,000 miles away from their homes in the UK to the tiny island on the western side of the Antarctic peninsula. Luckily, they aren't wanting for company. The island is also populated by more than a thousand Gentoo penguins. As part of their jobs, the women keep count of the penguins, and the scientific data they gather on the Gentoos’ breeding patterns is part of a decadeslong study of the colony.
     


 

Where I work?
 


It is a small studio, with high ceilings.


Wall space is utilized with stuff I like to look at.





An attempt to be organized is problematic in such a small space. 


My desk get really cluttered when I do collage. 


It takes a lot to do a little?



Thanks for visiting



 
 

 
A cute 2+ minute video, Orangutanhere.



Just because ...

Indian paradise flycatcher




Tuesday's Smiles ...
 
 

 



 


Thanks for visiting.


7 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, that was a good idea to show your studio. I had to smile when you mentioned how hard it is to organize all the things you need for creating. In my little studio there is nearly always a mess. My problem is that I need to see everything I want to use so sometimes I even use the floor to put things on.
Your collage looks so nice with these happy colors.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I am hoping you will do a collage?

Jan said...

Love your studio "look". It reminds me of my happy place (my studio). All those precious things are calling out to you to create!!! And I also paused and took a deep breath as I was scrolling your blog. Thank you for giving me pleasure and inspiration every day. I always look forward to your blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you so very much, Jan.
It is really lovely to hear from you.

jacki long said...

THANKS AGAIN, IT WON'T LET ME OUT WITHOUT FILLING THE BOX again! ;op

john said...

I love how you create texture. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John! ;o)