Sunday, June 11, 2023

Day 3953: Path Home and a Bell.

 

"Turmoil": junk mail collage.

 



Want music?


Click here: Brothers Straight, It's Your Thing

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

This might be the most beautiful homeless shelter you have ever seen.


Brandi Tuck volunteered at a homeless shelter during her junior year of college in 2004. The experience didn't just change her life, it opened the door to changing other lives as well. In 2008, she started a nonprofit, now known as Path Home, that provides shelter, support, and a host of services to families experiencing homelessness in Portland, Oregon. 

Brandi Tuck, left, as a college junior, volunteering at a homeless shelter on spring break

 The organization has since helped more than 10,000 parents and children. In recent years, her organization was able to buy a church and convert it into a new kind of shelter that seeks to eliminate some of the clutter and chaos of traditional shelter options. Tuck hopes new environments like these will help families recover mentally as well as physically. 


Read the full story here.







Another old thing around here, besides me.
Aunt Martha's desk bell, a simple item from the past, that still works. Aunt Martha  taught many years, and originally in a rural one-room school house. 
I bet this bell was well used.



 
 

 
A great 3 minute video, Pool dogs, here.




Just because ...
 
Victoria crowned pigeon





Saturday's Smiles ...
  

  



 



 

Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

I love how you used letters and texts. The red gives the collage the perfect touch. Love it, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I'm so glad you like it. I feel happy when I do it.
Have a great week!

john said...

I love this composition. I swoon when I see red. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I always love getting you take on it.