Saturday, July 24, 2021

Day 3259: Tokyo Olympics 2020.

 

 


"Checkered Sky": photo, collage and digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Al Green, Simply Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 


I just finished watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies, amazing! 
 

I hope you got to see it. I think they are repeating.
 
 
The speech made by the Olympic Chairman was so moving, and it appeared that the athletes were really listening and were moved by it. 
 

I cried, but then I cried at several points. I seems at this age, the tears are closer to the surface?
 

The 1800 drones that made a ball in the sky was mesmerizing. The music was wonderful. The song, Imagine seemed perfect to me.



I especially liked the explanation on the origin of the sports picto-grams, enacted by a humans as picto-grams. 
 


I love to watch athletes of any sport in peak condition, working so long to get to that point. Many of the athletes, after being postponed a year, didn't know if it would happen. I felt for the athletes who tried so hard and didn't make it in the end, but hope they will appreciate how hard they worked and release their disappointment for gratitude for the time they participated.
 

The lighting of the torch is always emotional to me. I still tear up if I see even a photo of Muhammed Ali lighting the torch in 1984.

Naomi Osaka was the final torch bearer, and it was a dramatic time. Another memory forever.


Because of my shoulder, I often am awake during the night, so I had tried to see the live stream at 3:30 am but I have to admit, I slept off and on.

 

I am looking forward to the next two weeks.


 

 
 

•  A special 1-3/4 minute video, Olympics, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Purple-throated Euphonia

 

  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 

 





 



 


 

Young Grandhunks 1, 2 & 3, Maui, 2005



                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

This cute photo of your Young Grandhunks is the icing on the cake of today's post. Thanks, Jacki!
I hope you will have a good night with no pain.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor!I have spent most of the day watching the Olympics. Do you watch too? I am wishing you a great Sunday. Please take good care.

john said...

Oh, I love how the blue and white checkered creates the sky. The white is like clouds. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I like to try the unlikely. Sometimes it works?