Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Day 3256: A father's daughter.

 

 

"Father's daughter": old photo, collage & digital.

 

(Artist Dorothy J. Anderson's family photo)

 



Want music?




Click here Silk Sonic, Leave the Door Open.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update

 

 WonderWoman picked me up to go to the

We thought it wouldn't be crowded on a Tuesday early morning, wrong, we were not alone.





 

 

167 artists, 3 stages of live music, glassblowing, art classes and unique shopping, music and food in beautiful Laguna Beach. 

Allof the artists create their own booth in the space assigned, so lots of variety and color.

 

The Sawdust setting is nestled into the mountain side with big trees, waterfalls, shade, flowers.
 
 
 
Many arts, too many to show here. So a sample.


 
We spent a leisurely two hours, and had fun.



The drive out through the canyon had a lot of traffic coming. We were in that parade going, and we went early.
 

 We went to ...
for a delicious lunch, I had chicken kabobs.
 
I was back home by 2 pm, after a great day.

Thank you WonderWoman.

  

 

 

•  A sweet 30-second video, Goldens, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 

Red-billed Blue Magpie

 

  
                     

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 

 


 

 
 

 


 
 

 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

 

8 comments:

Irene Rafael said...

What a lovely day. You and WW made a wise choice going early for sure avoiding the crowd and heat I hope. I love everything about Father’s Daughter!

authenticadultwoman said...

OH Jackie! I'm always thrilled and surprised when you use my old family photos! That picture of my grandfather Charlie and my mother is a favorite. Mother adored her dad, helped him break-in wild horses on the Canadian prairies in the 1920's. I love seeing pictures of YOU - having fun with WW!

jacki long said...

Aw, thanks so much, Irene., Your opinion means so much to me. WW and I only went to the Sawdust, if going to the FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS APPEALS TO YOU, MAYBE WE COULD MEET THERE an have lunch sometime if it appeals to you?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Dorothy for trusting me with your photos! It is such a precious photo and I am honored to be able to work on it. I started on Grandma, but haven't been satisfied with my work on it so far, I will continue to try. I hope you are having a wonderful summer and that your temperatures have come back to normal. Please stay safe and well.

elenor said...

Such art fairs are always a treat, especially when they are located in such a lovely area. It is so inspiring to see the work of so many different artists. And spending time with your daughter is also wonderful. I'm glad you had such a great day.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor. Yes it was a lovely day and I am afraid my photos didn't do it justice, but did give and idea of the day. Yes, time with Erin is so precious, and even more so when it is her idea. ;o)

john said...

The posterization just makes this piece amazing. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you , John! I am so glad you like it. Posterization saves a lot of less sharp photos.