Friday, July 2, 2021

Day 3237: RIP2TV.

 

 

"Amaryllis": photography, collage & digital.


 



Want music?




Click here, Chicago, Does Anybody Know ... 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 



Update:

 I have 3 tv's. One in the living room. One here in the studio behind me. And, one in the bedroom. One is working. My living room tv, is huge, thick, heavy 32" behemoth named Sanyo and 26 years old. It died a sudden death last week.


 

 

 

 

The studio tv was my Dad's, a JVC,  smaller 20",   and slightly less heavy, but thick, hard to move. It died yesterday, maybe in solidarity with Sanyo?


 



 

My family has asked me why I kept them and didn't get new? But, both had really good pictures and worked. In the end, the remotes worked sometimes, part of the demise. I am from a time where if it worked you didn't replace it. Now I need to figure out how to recycle and move them, so I can buy 2 new tv's.

 TMI? I am sorry, but it's on my mind.

 

 

 
 

•  A fun 1-3/4-minute video, World Record, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Blue Bellied Roller



  
                     

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


 


                                                               Thanks for coming by today.



3 comments:

elenor said...

"Amaryllis" is brilliant!
We are an other generation, don't you think too? We had to work hard first, then save some money before we could buy something. And then we took good care of it so we could afford something else, instead of buying the same thing only a bit different which didn't mean much improvement. There were dozens more wishes which were much more important to us. Time changes.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. We are approaching a holiday weekend, 4th of July. I will go to the house on the hill and dog-sit my grand-dogs, since like most animals, they don't like fireworks. The family will be going to the beach for the day with another family. I only like fireworks on a screen or at a great distance.;op

Have a love;ly weekend.

jacki long said...
This comment has been removed by the author.