Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Day 3249: I rest my case.

 

 

"Indiana farm": photo, & digital .





Want music?




Click here, Deniece Williams, Free. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S or TMI?

 

I think I knew this at some point in time, but it got pushed to the back, back burner. My good friend, and fellow karate-ka posted this on her FB today:


"I learned something new today. Seems that leaving two spaces after a period (which I learned in typing class on a manual typewriter many, many years ago) is not the thing anymore. Leave it to Brandon to burst my bubble. He was also kind enough to send me this."

 It was interesting to read the comments, they were all good. I had to chirp in, and commented:

" Jacki Long: If anyone is taking the time to count my spaces, I think they have way too much time on their hands?"
 
 And then, before I could start on this blog, friend and fellow karate-ka said: Patrick Falconer: "or do they have a sharp eye for spatial orientation?"
 
And it went on, we continued. Too much time on our hands? I rest my case.


 

 
 

•  A sweet 4-minute video, guard dog, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
White-necked jacobin
 

  
                     

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 



  


 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


8 comments:

Sam Zimmerman said...

I'm old school, I still use two spaces- it's how they were still teaching us when we graduated high school in 2009!

john said...

I just love black-eyed Susan’s. I got some at the arboretum sale recently for $5.00 each. That was a bargain compared to what a nursery would charge. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Sam, that makes e feel better. What a trivial rule? And, yes 100 years before you were taught, it was the standard for me. It's so good to hear from you, how is your weather there? Today here in the OC it will be 85. My daughter (WW) has a vacation home at Lake Havasu, and it was 120 last week! I think people just stay in the water???

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! Your new Black-eyed Susan will be beautiful in your lovely yard. I remember sitting out there. How is your hear now?

elenor said...

Jacki, call me silly but I didn't get the point of 2GN2S. English isn't an easy language at all. Nevertheless I really enjoyed the Smiles for Wednesday.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, 2GN2S is supposed to stand for "too good not to share", sometimes it works,but not always. Yes, english has a lot of rules, and this was me complaining that evidently they changed the rules about how many spaces after a period? This the "Nothing says over 40 like two spaces after a period. I asked Erin today what she does? She uses two spaces, but then she is 47, so I guess it is true. I have always heard that English is a hard language to learn? So with changing rules, I guess it won't get any easier?
Please have a lovely Thursday, Elenor.

Branmuffin said...

Well I'm 43 and I also use 2 spaces, but I also prefer it anyway vs. one space. I feel the extra space gives better clarity in separating sentences.

Sam Zimmerman said...

We keep flip-flopping between highs of 75 and highs of 100! Of course when it's hotter, it's more humid. I personally prefer the cooler nights, but we've been so spoiled this year. Usually in July and August it's still at least 80 at night!
That's the nice thing about Minnesota, there's so many lakes and rivers. I went kayaking on the 4th of July- got sunburnt but stayed cool!