Monday, July 12, 2021

Day 3247: Family

 

 

"Uncle Pete": old photo, digital collage.

 



Want music?




Click here, DeBarge, All This Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S - family.

Uncle Pete (above) was my mothers big brother, the youngest of five boys, my mom was the youngest of five girls. Uncle Pete was married to the beautiful Luella. 


 

And sometimes, they took care of me. I loved it.

 

 

They were always so kind and loving. I always thought they were the human Barbie and Ken. When I went back to college they would often drive me back on a Sunday night. When I got married, Aunt Luella took me to the A&P grocery store and bought me everything I needed to have a pantry to start married life and cooking.
 

 

Later, when Aunt Luella was in her eighties, I would come stay with her, sleeping on the couch, just to be near and listen to her stories. I miss and love them still. 

Wonderful memories.


 

 
 

•  A cute 2-minute video, Panda bath, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
King Eider



  
                     

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 



 


 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

First I want to thank you for telling me so much about your five cousins. They all were wonderful women. Just as Aunt Luella. Being eighty and having such bright eyes tells that she was a kind and happy lady. Uncle Pete also looks so nice. I love the picture of him having you on his arms. I can imagine that you miss them and still love them.
Jacki, thanks for sharing your wonderful memories.

john said...

Love the choice of blue for this piece. The gentleman kind of looks like Bing Crosby in a way. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I am so glad that you enjoyed the memories that are dear to me. Thank goodness for old photos.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I think perhaps many of the men of that era might have liked to look like Bing? Thus the pose. Uncle Pete was a handsome man.