Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Day 3234: Aunt Florence, Grandpa and Grandma.

 

"Aunt Florence, Grandpa and Grandma": old photo, collage & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here, Redbone, Come and Get Your Love. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 


I love this old photograpgh. It show's Dorothy's Aunt Florence with her Grandfather and Grandmother. Dorothy is a Washington artist, wise woman and friend. She has allowed me to work with her photos. You have seen Dorothy's handsome grandfather in a recent post.


I am particularly fascinated by Dorothy's grandmother, her stature ane strngth. She had six children, designed hats and was an artist. Her photo will take more time so I did the one above tonight.

More to come.


 

 
 

•  An 8-minute video, relaxing art? here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Chatfish male
 
 


  
                     

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
 


 
 


 
 
 

 



 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

Love the orange tone on this one. :-)

elenor said...

Old photographs are magic to me too. Recently I found a photo of my mother when she was a teenager. She was so beautiful and I tried to imagine her dreams and hopes. I'm not sure if any of them came true.
Jacki, I hope your shoulder gets better?

jacki long said...

Thanks you, John. I hope you are getting some relief from the heat? I see it has been so hot?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Even when I buy an old photo at a flea market, you can get a real sense of the person, and I have to bring it home, like a stray?
My right shoulder is getting slowly better. I do hard exercises daily, and I go back to PT tomorrow where she said I will start working with weights. The left shoulder hurts more the my right before the surgery. Surgery in September seems a long way off.