Sunday, June 13, 2021

Day 3218: She's a survivor.

   

 

"Linguist": ink brush drawing, junk mail collage.


 



Want music?




Click here Kenny Loggins, MichaelMcDonald, Heart to Heart.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
2GN2S
 
  • A dog's way home
  • They say never to get a white dog and save yourself hours of scrubbing its easily dirtied fur in the bath every week. Perhaps people who live in the Arctic should also avoid getting a white dog or risk losing it in the vast expanse of ice and snow. Such was the case with Aika, a fluffy Samoyed who spent a week by herself wandering the tundra of northern Russia. Her owners feared her missing forever until the crew of a Russian icebreaker found her on the ice fields a week after her escape. Upon her rescue, Aika excitedly wagged her tail but used caution when crossing the ice onto the ship. Once she was safe aboard the icebreaker, she graciously welcomed cuddles and warmth before returning to her family. Aika may look sweet, but she's a survivor, too!
 
 

 
 
 

 A very quiet day at the house on the hill. 

I spent over three hours this morning reading and napping with my granddogs. 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Just I read. No music or tv just the sound of the breeze. I watched a hawk circle a few times then disappear. I heard from WonderWoman in Havasu.

 

The River Gang ala Disney

Today was their last day on the water, they come home tomorrow, and I go home tomorrow.

 


 

 

 
 

•  A cute 14-minute video, ice cream, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Carmine Bee-eater
 

  
                    
Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 


 







                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

When I look at your work I always check out to see if it is digital collage, just collage, or a combination. It is a game I play with Jacki work. Then I read what you say and the title. :-)

elenor said...

The combination of ink brush drawing and junk mail collage is wonderful. "Linguist" is such a pretty young woman.
To see your family in Disney style is so funny. I never saw this before but I like it.
Another night at the house on the hill. Although your family is still away I guess you can feel their presence?
I had a wonderful afternoon with my son's family. Everybody is so relieved that we all have got a vaccine and can meet without fear. The kids were so happy we could hug again. It's as if a heavy burden was lifted off our shoulders.
I hope your shoulder is not hurting too much so you can sleep well!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. That akes me smile tht you take the time to decipher my work, but thrilled that it makes a game for you.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I love your comments. I am so happy that you were able to be with your family, and especially to enjoy the hugs. They are so important.