Friday, June 4, 2021

Day 3209: To Be ...

 

 

"To Be": junk mail collage, digital.

 

 

 



Want music?




Click here, Yo-Yo Ma, Cello Suite 1. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Another Dad story ... 

I lived with my Dad in his tiny house during high school. I got $5. a week allowance, plus bus & lunch money. I would save both, walking the three miles both ways somedays, in order to save to buy something special. My junior year it was a prom dress. Back in that day, there was a Loretta Young show on tv, and she always twirled when she entered the room. My Dad was watching tv that night, so wearing my new dress, I twirled around for him to see. He looked up for only a minute, then resumed watching his show. I asked if he liked it? He replied, without looking up, "not particularly." I was only a little crushed, as I knew he was brutally honest, and I had gambled by asking.

 

 

 
 

•  A fantastic 6-minute video, Yo-Yo Ma @6, here.


 
 
Just because ...


Malachite Sunbird.jpg
 
 
 

  
                     

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 














                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Bea said...

I can picture you perfectly. I went to the Broadway Dept store charm school and they taught us the loretta young entrance…

jacki long said...

Thanks Bea, it sounds silly now, but I just thought that's how you do it? It's great to hear fro you, take good care.

elenor said...

Fabulous collage again, Jacki!
You would have hoped for not so much honesty by your dad I guess. Maybe we learn this way to take some things easy and not be disappointed too fast?
Have a fine weekend, dear Jacki.
Now we had our 2 first warm summer days, but the weekend will be rainy and cooler again.

john said...

So lovely bold. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, yes, by high school age we know our parents.
Glad for you to have warm summer days, I wish we could take your rain.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! I don't often use straight or cut edges.