Thursday, June 24, 2021

Day 3229: Painted Papers?

 

"3 easy pieces": painted paper & junk mail collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here, Chet Faker, No Diggity. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update:

 

Friend and Artist, Gail Wynn mentioned on Facebook, one of my recent minimal collages:
"Jackie, I'm really liking the latest collages, simple, bold, and colorful, you get some great junk mail!"
 
Day 3223: Brea Gallery.
Friday, June 18, 2021
"Data": junk mail & painted papers collage.

I responded, "Thanks! Some of the papers are painted by me and torn up for collage, like the red and yellow. It's a great way to use up paint, and layers of it.
 
Gail responded, "Thanks for the great tip Jackie".
 
 


And so, I thought I might show some of the painted papers, and a box of junk mail to illustrate.


Most of these torn pieces are of leftover heavy watercolor paper which take color so well. But, I especially like color on random printed sheets like the one in the front center

 

 

My junk mail consists of magazine, print, envelopes security patterns,  just anything.





 

 
 

•  A fun 6-minute video, erasers, here.


 
 
Throwback Thursday ... 
 
 
US Olympic Training Center, Boulder, CO.
Middle: Daniel Hoerst, Erin Long, Colin Morris, Denny Rivera
Front: Cheryl Suzuki, Doug Boadt, Brandon Nomura
 
 

 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Yellow-billed Hornbill
 


  
                     


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 

 
 


 
 









                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, you make it look so simple. Thanks for sharing your secrets. I know, only knowing how to make a collage isn't enough. Even if I had your paper pieces my collages would turn out rather poorly. And also practice isn't enough you also need a lot of talent.
These 3 or 4 or 5 easy pieces collages are my absolute favorites!

I'm still on holiday in my son's beautiful apartment while he is biking in Toscana, Italy, with friends. But I can feel his presence here and we will meet soon again. So I'm enjoying these warm summer days.

john said...

Three elements that really compliment each other. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor,
I am glad you are having a nice get-away. It's good for the soul, right?

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! They are fun to do.