Saturday, June 5, 2021

Day 3210: Priced to sell.

 


"Priced to sell": junk mail collage.

  

 



Want music?




Click here , Roberta Flack, Donnie Hathaway, Back together again.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S

 

I had work to do, but I put on the Nature channel, it happened to be The Soul of the Elephantvideo that had me constantly turning from my task to watch.Wildlife filmmakers Dereck and Beverly Joubert take an intimate look at one of the world's most intelligent and sensitive animals.


It brought back vivid memories of visiting Lion Country Safari,
(1970-1984) which is gone now, but was nearby, back in 1971.



We had a VW bus, and 6 visiting relatives from Indiana. Mom, Aunt Vonda, Aunt Martha, Uncle Jewell, Aunt Geneva & Uncle Les. We drove through the park, but parked for an hour and a half to watch the elephants bathing. Babies through gigantic adults all enjoying the water and each other. We enjoyed watching them. 
A very special memory.


 
 

•  A fascinating  3-1/2 minute video,  Air sculpture, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Green Heron

 



  
                     

Smiles for Saturday ...
 




 
 

 



 




                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

9 comments:

Bea said...

Love the collage…

jacki long said...

Thank you Bea, I forgot to mention that it is encaustic over the junk mail collage. Price to sell, was in the fine print ad in this piece. Happy weekend.

elenor said...

There is something special about this collage. Really love it.
I also loved your story of your family trip in 1971. You know this is 50 years back? I know this because it was the best year of my youth. Good and precious memories for you and me.
Happy Sunday.

john said...

Yup, the pop of red work so well. Nice abstract. :-)

Irene Rafael said...

Love your abstract with the perfect red accent! Sitting with your family watching the elephants sounds divine. Where can we do that anymore? Lovely memory. I got a chuckle at the memorial comment. Thanks for the entertainment this morning.

Irene Rafael said...

I came back after I looked up green heron. I have seen them before in the wetlands near Marina Del Rey and in Hawaii. I didn’t realize how much they change in their life.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, yes, I think that's why we have memories, if we are lucky, so we can enjoy them all over again? I guess whenever I have a memory surface, I will use them in the blog?

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! Yes, I always think of you with "the pop of red" as you are so correct, it often saves the piece.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Irene! I hope you are having GREAT DAY TODAY IN YOUR PARADISE!
Caps were unintentional, but appropriate? Yes, at 79 I find that the memories surface and lately I have been using them in the blog?