Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Day 3206: Box seats.

 


  
"Floosie": jink mail collage, digital.





 



Want music?




Click here , Toby Keith, American Soldier.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S




One of the coolest places to get vaccinated in Tokyo: the Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo arena. After getting the jab you get to spend your waiting time in the box seats.




A short Dad story ... 


Dad was in the navy. He never spoke much about his service.
I think he enlisted early, before eighteen. The only story I remember is that at meals, some of the sailors would talk of gross subjects, to put others off their meal, leaving extra for them. My Dad said that only worked for a short time, because he was hungry. He said he learned to eat no matter what the subject matter.

My Dad was always a good eater.




 



An unusual 3-1/2 minute video, Armadillo , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Racket-tailed Treepie


  
         
            

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 

 


















                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


 

6 comments:

john said...

Oh, the hair, the hair! Of course I love it! It makes her personality. I did not see the hat for the longest time and then all of a sudden, it is a hat. Just great! :-)

Irene Rafael said...

I love everything about floozy. The more I look the more details pop out. Great work! And of course, I always love your dad stories. They give me a broader picture of you!Thanks for recalling them here.

jacki long said...

Thanks, dear John! I love it when you like a piece.
She was fun o do, but more time consuming that you would 5hink?
Have a great week.

jacki long said...

Hi Irene, I love to hear from you and like John, I love it when you like a piece.
I've been thinking of you a lot, whatever that means?
Thanks again for taking time to comment, it encourages my habit! ;o)

elenor said...

Floosie is so exiting. I like everything about her. The eyes and how she looks, the cheeks , the nous, the mouth and her hair. Yes the hat too! And the colors. Everything is perfect.
I too like all your dad stories. They give me a little impression what he and the time then was like. Time was really hard then and time isn't always easy nowadays, but many things really changed for the better. We must be very grateful for that.
Jacki, thanks for another interesting blog.

jacki long said...

Dear Elenor, thank you! I am happy you liked the Floosie, do you have that word? It's an old-fashioned term. An friend y who was going away told her friends to keep away the Floosies from her husband.