Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Day 3207: Gentle, calming ...

 


   

"Cold floozie": ink brusk drawing, collage, digital.

 

  



Want music?




Click here  Teddy Pendergrass, When Somebody Loves You Back.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 

 


Update



Well I know it is June, as I change my calendar by artist, friend Terry Garrett. He does such beautiful work. Thank you, Terry!



2GN2S


Good friend Stan Hirohata sent me this beautiful little documentary here , Fugetsu-Do, is an intimate portrait of a sweet shop that has been a Little Tokyo anchor for the Japanese. A gentle, calming, beautifully photographed film. I hope you can take 12 minutes. If not, there is a short, different version, here.

Brian Kito does an incredible job telling the story of his family and their business. He tells this amazing story of the "Fugetsu-Do" store sign, which has a JANM connection. It really shows the power of things! On April 29, 2020, the Government of Japan announced the recipients of its Spring 2020 Decorations and within this Consulate General's jurisdiction, Mr. Brian Kito received the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays.



 
 

•  A   cute 1-minute video, Capybara , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Grey-chinned Minivet,
 
 


  
                     

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 



















                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

5 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, you knew from my comment that I had no idea what Floozie means. I thought it would be a name and so i didn't even have the idea of asking the dictionary. After reading your answer I did and now I know. There is such a word in German too. To be called a Floozie isn't very flattering. Nevertheless I like Cold floozie. She is so pretty again.
I hope you are fine.

john said...

OMG! Let me say that again. OMG! This one, the cold floozie, is just spectacular. Love it so much! :-) :-)

jacki long said...


floo·zy
/ˈflo͞ozē/
Learn to pronounce
nounDATED•HUMOROUS
noun: floosie
a young woman who has many casual sexual partners or who dresses or behaves in a sexually provocative way.
"he runs off with some floozy that's only interested in fame and money"

Thanks Elenor, I meant it as humorous.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John.
I am still playing around with digital collage.

Carrol Wolf said...

It's 9:11PM and I just finished watching the lovely and moving video about the sweet shop. I have friends who were children during the interment camps. (They call them concentration camps.) It is so sad to think that American citizens were treated that way. (Fear can throw all reason out the window.)

But the whole video was a little gem, and I thank you so much for bringing it to us. I also like your graphic. While I think many women who were called Flozzies' did this because they had no other way to stay alive. But that is another story. Hope all is well with you. Thank you. Thank you.