Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Day 3220: Controlled Chaos.

  

"Controlled chaos": junk mail collage





Want music?




Click here Cee Lo Green, I Can't Go for That.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S


Keiji Ashizawa Crafts Lamp Shade from Disposable Wooden Chopsticks


Disposable chopsticks are clean, fast and cheap, but the environmental pollution caused by them is also a major problem. Japanese designer Keiji Ashizawa is taking that problem and reorienting it in a way that frames the issue not as waste but rather just wasted resources. An innovative yet simple design imagines disposable chopsticks reused as lamp shades.

 


Keiji Ashizawa created the lamp shade for Basket Club, which invites designers to weave baskets and other objects based on a monthly rotating emoji. The emoji for this month, June 2021, was ♻️, the universal symbol for recycling. Designers Hiromi Sugihara and Masaru Kiyota also contributed to the brief.





Who knew these simple eating utensils could be up-cycled to create such dramatic lighting?

 

 

 
 

•  A 1-1/2 minute video, $77 in pennies, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Jambu Fruit Dove


  
                     

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 
 

 
 



 











                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

Controlled Chaos is kind of like a metaphor for life. :-)

elenor said...

Your collage goes perfectly with the design lamp shade. Both are elegant and minimalist - you know how much I like this.
I also like the smiles for today, especially the last 3 ones. The best for me is the last. When do we learn to be so harsh to ourselves?
You are at home again? Jacki, how do you feel and how is your shoulder?


jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Yes I agree.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, your words are so kind. Yes, I agree, I think we all need to be kinder to ourselves? I know I need to.
My left (un-operated) shoulder is painful, but only when it is moving. It's like it's on strike. "I did all the work before and for 10 weeks after, and I"m done. My turn!"

I had Physical Therapy today and am exhausted. At the 10 week mark is when they start giving me strength building, but no weights yet.
I go back in 2 weeks for more torture, and again 2 weeks after that for more still. Today she put heat on my left shoulder while she torture the right. Necessary but not fun.