Thursday, August 27, 2020

Day 2953: Pardon my sentimentality.





"Brickwall": old photo, collage, acrylic & digital.






Want music?




Click here for Jacob Collier, You Are the Sunshine of My Life.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Moody today. Not actually moody but sentimental.





Twenty-five years ago my baby and her love
were married. And their love for each other is
even stronger now than those young & restless days. 
And I thought of their engagement dinner. 
 



It was  Erin's 21st birthday, so that was the pretense 
of the lovely dinner at Las Brisas in Laguna Beach.
Bassel invited his parents, Erin's Dad, me, and my Dad. 
We all knew his intent to propose, but Erin did not. 
The restaurant knew as well and gave us a prime table. 
His plan was to propose at the dessert course, but
he was so nervous, he got down on one knee after salads.
The very full restaurant became quiet as if they wanted to
hear as well. There were tears at our table, but also
at nearby tables. It was so sweet and perfect.
When she accepted and he placed the ring, 
the entire restaurant applauded. 
It all comes back to me now, so many years later as
they are dining there this evening.
Pardon my sentimentality.





Just because ...


(Happy) Owl








• A 6-minute video, inside an art journal, here.
•  A 1-1/2 minute video, morning musings, here.
•  A 2-minute video, approaches to journals, here.




A smile for Thursday ...




The two rocks at Ise, known collectively as Meoto Iwa 
(the wedded rocks), represent Izanagi and Izanami
the married deities who created Japan and kami, 
according to Shinto mythology. The larger rock, 
about 30 feet tall, embodies Izanagi, the male, 
while the smaller rock, standing around 12 feet, 
is the female Izanami.

Together forever, no matter.


 

2 comments:

john said...

I LOVE THE WALL. Let me shout that again. I LOVE THE WALL. Great piece, Jack! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John, it's an older work.