Sunday, August 2, 2020

Day 2928: Saturday felt like Sunday.




"Seated" & "Standing": china marker drawings, collage in a journal.






Want music?





Click here for Eric Clapton, Layla.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Saturday felt like Sunday.
My main accomplishment of the day was a salad.




A huge salad. Romaine, arugula, 
Persian cucumbers, green onions, 
orange & yellow mini peppers,  cherry tomatoes,
avocado, hard-boiled eggs,  Colby-jack cheese
tossed with a creamy sesame dressing. 
I should have taken a picture, it was that pretty.
But, I didn't know it was going to be mentioned in the blog.








Rabbit rabbit! Anyone else grow up saying that? 
I always heard if those are the first words you say at 
the beginning of a new month, you’ll have good luck. 
Like so many charming superstitions, it’s not really clear 
where the custom came from. But who’s going to say 
no to starting the new month off on the right foot? 
A rabbit’s foot, even. Did you say rabbit, rabbit?





2GN2S
A feel-good story ...
I can use one, can't you?



Before Marilyn Soriano died, she put her voice into a teddy bear. She gifted her daughter, Mara, the custom-made Build-a-Bear made to sound and look like her, glasses and all, shortly before her death from cancer last year. But last week, the teddy bear, who says "I love you, I’m proud of you, I’ll always be with you" when squeezed, was stolen from Mara during a hectic move. She lost a book of blank checks, her citizenship card and some electronics, too, but the bear was her most valuable possession.

Mara's pleas for the bear’s safe return were widely heard. 
Actor Ryan Reynolds offered $5,000 for the bear’s safe return, no questions asked. A Canadian TV personality and a peanut butter company chipped in money too, raising the total reward to $15,000 — and within a few days, Mara had her bear back, voice box intact. She said two "Good Samaritans" returned the bear after they found it at a park nearby."It means just everything to me honestly," she said. "There was a part of me that thought I'd never see it again."
(Sorry, the blog is not letting me format)



Just because ...
 







Smiles for Sunday ...


































6 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Gosh, when I saw your: "Just because", I thought you had sneaked into my bedroom and I was waking up and taken a photo. Then I realized that there are not two of me. Whew!

john said...

For some reason I think something is gelling in your brain and is trying to come out. Something new. I am glad if that is the case because that is an exciting time for an artist. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol, I am glad you like the little owlets
They were too cute not to include. Happy Weekend!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I hope so, hanging in until then?

elenor said...

Love your art of the day, Jacki and also the little story you told. Thanks for sharing. Have a good start into the next week.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor, I am so happy to hear from you. I am wishing you and your family great love, health, and happiness in these crazy times.