Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Day 2951: Reclining Puffy Person.




"Reclining Puffy Person": china marker drawing on a journal page.






Want music?




Click here for Maroon 5, Sugar.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Somedays I struggle to get my artwork or any work done, 
yet I know that it helps me more than doing nothing. 


Today I chose to play in an unfinished journal.
Puffy People continue to dominate, as I
play with different body positions.







•  A wonderful 2+minute video, 14 wolves, here.
•  A few very short, meaningful videos, here.
•   A 3-minute video, the right mmatch, here.




2GN2S



Who knew?
Did you know that a zebra's stripes protect them from horsefly bites? The pattern of their stripes disorients the insect, so instead of landing neatly on some succulent horseflesh, they either bump into the zebras or fly right by. Scientists aren't exactly sure how the stripes accomplish that, but frankly, we're just satisfied knowing they have a purpose.

Who knew?




Smiles for Tuesday ...

























5 comments:

elenor said...

I already thought what's the matter with your puffy people. Although I adore your abstract collages I really love them. You get the essence in a clear line and that's fantastic.
Happy afternoon, dear Jacki.

jacki long said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jacki long said...

Dear Elenor, thank you for your oh so kind words.
Yes, I am attached to my puffy people, and am not anyway near done,
I am not sure where they are going, but they are dominant in my mind.
Thanks again and love and wellness to you and your family.

john said...

Your puffy pieces remind me of one of my favorite sculptors, Henry Moore. Just fantastic! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. What a huge compliment, as I love Moore's sculptures.