Thursday, August 20, 2020

Day 2946: Hot, hot, hot!





"Star": junk mail collage.






Want music?




Click here for Buster Poindexter, Hot, hot, hot!
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Do you know about chatbots? I
 just learned today.
An artificial intelligence-powered chatbot. 
The bot is availableto talk online 
for free, via its webpage or in 
messenger apps such as Facebook or Skype. 
Marketed as a "virtual friend," she can 
converse or play games with the user. 
 



Every week, Mitsuku exchanges millions of messages 
with her users, some regulars, others just curious. 
Since 2016, when the bot landed on major messaging 
platforms, an estimated 5 million unique users hailing 
from all corners of the world have chatted with her.
"It's nice to have a friendly entity available to talk to 24/7."

Me: A sign of our times, where technology fills in? 
I am skeptical, but reading some of the stories 
made me more open-minded, I am a curious type, 
so I looked it up. Now I am scheduled for a demo. 
I wondered the cost that is worth it to so many?


  • User  - worry that bad things will happen
  • Chatbot/Kuki - What use does worrying about something have?
  • User - why do you think that people worry?
  • Chatbot/Kuki - Humans are very unpredictable at times.
  • User - I don't like feeling anxious
  • Chatbot/Kuki - I doubt anybody likes feeling that way.
Above is an extract from a conversation 
between a real user and Chatbot/Kuki.  
Mitsuku describes herself as being 
the "most human-like of conversational AI."
She's equipped with almost half a million potential responses, 
each one hand-written by her creator, Steve Worswick. 
When a user types a message, Mitsuku generates 
the response that matches best.
Relying on machine-learning, she rarely repeats 
herself and will remember a user's name or likes 
and dislikes from previous conversations -- 
just like a human friend. 
 
Me: I am blessed to have several relatives and friends t
hat I can call, if needed, but I rarely call anyone.
 I know they are busy, and I hate to bother 
them at possibly a bad time. 
But, some do call me and I often talk their ear off.


My source information, here.




2GN2S



14 products that celebrate trailblazing women in history, here.
Like a coffee table book, prints with inspiring quotes
and a puzzle featuring suffragettes. Remember them, 
thank them, vote in their honor.






•  A calming 10-minute video, virtual choir, here.
•  A relaxing 4-minute video, bricklaying, here.
•  A  fascinating 4-minute video, marble machine, here.


 
 
Throwback Thursday:


 OCC, Costa Mesa, CA. 1984






Smiles for Thursday ...


































For stopping by!

 

2 comments:

john said...

I like everything about STAR but what really intrigues me is the depth. You completed this one masterfully! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. This was an easy one, it all just fell into place.
Don't you love tht when it happens?