Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Day 2944: Living in the time of Covid.




"Paul": stamp person, junk mail collage on 8x13" old cardboard. 



An old piece of cardboard (8x13") &(1-1/4"x 5/8" postage stamp. A rocky start.


(abort)








Want music?



Click here for Jacob Collier, All I Need.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Yesterday's silly blog mentioned stamps, here.
Today I see articles and videos about stamps.




Do you notice that? When you are focused on 
one thing and then it turns up again and again. 
Well, there is a name for it. I looked it up.
Psychologists call this the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon
more commonly, they refer to it as a frequency illusion.
I like that there is a name for it.
I even looked up a few of my old stamp people to share. 
 








Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, who knew?








I read about,  Jeff Tweedy’s memoir,  

"A Memoir of Recording and Discording with Wilco, Etc." doesn't
really appel yo me, but oh that title!
Have you ever said that? Either I have or someone in my family has, as it rang a bell. In these crazy days, we find ourselves treading water, it probably doesn't seem out of line.
But when I take time to think, I say why go?  seems we used to hurry a lot? Not as much anymore? Have you heard that phrase?  From you or who?
I find it kinda fascinating. 
Let me know?









• A wonderful article, artist, Ruth Asawa, here
•  An 11-minute video, Ruth Asawa stamp, here
 •  A cute NYTimes page on Austin Kleon's children's art, here.





Smiles for Tuesday ...
















by DroAnn Jeffries













2 comments:

john said...

I just love your stamp people. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank John, I think this one is if-y,
I guess I am out of practice.