Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Day 2916: Little things.





"PP series #20": china marker, acrylic on heavy w/c paper.






Want music?





Click here for India Arie, Little Things.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







WonderWoman flew in this morning delivering goodies.
She had asked for a list but I forgot.
The only thing I could think of was ice cream? 
Left to her own devices, I ended up with not only ...



but also ...










So grateful to be cared for, as a friend said ... 
"you must have done something right?"  I hope so.






yesterday's reminder

I had been anxiously waiting for the next Sumo basho.
There are six basho (tournaments) per year. 
March basho was canceled due to COVID19.
July basho, usually held in Nagoya is now in Tokyo.
A basho lasts fifteen days, sumo wrestlers compete each day,
The winner is the sumo with the best record, after 15 days. 
I have written earlier blogs on sumo, here and here
I am, after all, a sumo fan. 

a tiny Sumo fan




Smiles for Tuesday ...




























4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Loved your cartoons today. Also Jen and Ross used to watch sumo when we vacationed at our condo in Maui.

Didn't actually remember that you liked it.

Also loved seeing what WW brought. It's funny: I always make a list for Jen, but I also always get some additional surprises. The best one last week was a very tiny (3") tall flower pot with an orchid in the same small size. It's at my kitchen window.

Hey do you know why they called it: THE COVID 19? We are all expected to gain a miniumum of 19 pounds before it is over.

john said...

Not sure if this was intentional but your piece today has some depth because of how the paper was painted. I am so curious where you are going with these figures. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol, I know what you mean. I rarely ever buy flowers for myself, but I surely love receiving them. I am afraid I will make the 19 prediction, as my will power is weakening! Thanks again for taking time to comment. I love to get feedback.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I had made a large bunch of acrylics on heavy w/c paper and am enjoying drawing on them. As to where I am going with my puffy people, I am not sure. I am trying to create as many different body positions as I can? I love the purity of the just the bare drawing, but
I will see what comes up?