Sunday, July 26, 2020

Day 2921: "do the hardest one first!"




"self-portrait": junk mail collage, 2005






Want music?






Click here for Aretha Franklin, Day Dreaming.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





TMI?


I have a to-do list today, I always do.



Yesterday I heard a message and 
the biggest takeaway for me was ...
do the hardest task first! What a thought! 
For me, the hardest would usually be put off to last, 
meaning tomorrow's list or even the next.
The rationale being that when you accomplish the
hardest, you feel relieved and the rest is doable.
Because that makes sense to me, I am currently on
 hold with Apple Care, waiting for tech help.
I have already been disconnected once but am back in que.
Apple gives you thee choices of music for your 
prolonged wait, rock, classical, something else? and silence.
I chose classical thinking it was the least invasive,
but now I wish I had picked silence. Oh Well.
Thirty-five minutes and counting.
My tech problem started late Thursday night, 
as I worked on my blog.
Somehow the messages app was frozen and 
even refused the ultimate, force quit. 
I even did the reading up on help sites, 
until the directions were over my head, 
and I was afraid to create a bigger mess.
Forty-five minutes and counting.
And, as the soprano belts out an aria ...
"All Apple advisors are still busy with
other clients, please hold for the next available."



A lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon,
but I feel good about tackling this job first. 
Yea! Taylor is on the phone, a very knowledgeable,
kind young man to save my life and guide me.
I learned how to execute a PRAM  maneuver and
Wham-O, I am back in business.
One hour total, Thank you Apple Care & Taylor!






2GN2S

"The Paulownia Trees Produce Seeds"

The Paulownia, known also as the Foxglove or Empress tree, is an ancient and highly revered species in Japan. Its featured in the government of Japan crest, as well as the 500 yen coin. The pale purple flowers blossom in early summer and around this time of year they bear an oval-shaped fruit. Inside are multitudes of seeds that will be taken by the wind and spread across the land.

“Paulownia Garden at Akasaka” (1856) is the forty-eighth print in Utagawa Hiroshige’s One Hundred Famous Views of Edo   
Paulownia were planted around Tameike Pond, an artificial lake in the capital fed by an underground spring, early in the Edo period (1603–1868). Preventing erosion of the shore was probably the goal, but the trees came to be admired as a famous view in their own right.













Smiles for Sunday ...
















 









2 comments:

john said...

Just amazing! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! Be safe.