Friday, July 24, 2020

Day 2919: "Large and in charge."





"Umbunto": collage, acrylics, ink on journal page.






Want music?





Click here for Michael Jackson, Rock With You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





This was supposed to be a week of celebration in Tokyo.  Japan would be opening its doors to the world and launching the 32nd Olympiad in the capital. Instead, the postponement of the Games

 
 amid the Covid-19 pandemic means the wait goes on before new Olympic heroes emerge, unfamiliar sports captivate, and legendary Olympic moments are made. 




There is much to look forward to if and when the Games do begin on July 23, 2021, but it makes us long for what we missed this summer even more.








I got up and brought my breakfast into the studio 
to watch Day 4 of the July Sumo Basho, here.
I've explained my fascination in blogs, here and here.

Hakuho is the top guy now, strong and experienced.
During today's match, I heard the announcer say
"large and in charge", and that's the source of today's title.

Asanoyama, is younger and on his way.
I have my team of young ones who I think will make it.






I'm sure you needed to know that?
TMI? Maybe the videos below will make up for it?







•   A  1-1/2 min. video, 6-yr-old Miumiu, guitarist-singer, here.
•  A great 2-minute video, 8 yr, old on finance, here.
•  A very sweet 2-minute video, Brayton hears a sax, here




Smiles for Friday ...




































3 comments:

john said...

“Umbunto” seems like it is one of your plump people with more character added. Is that true or am I totally off? I really like this piece! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you John, this is an old piece in an old unfinished journal, but thank you for your kind words. Take good care, and happy, safe weekend. ;o)

elenor said...

Not only like your journal page but also the video of the little girl singing a Bossa Nova - fantastic! Thanks, Jacki.