Saturday, May 28, 2022

Day 3569: Memories.

 

"Memories": photo, collage, digital.

 

 


Want music?




Click here:Music,Love,Travel, Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

People ask me how I come up with the feel good stories, and I have to admit it has become harder with wars, ugly politics, climate issues, plagues etc. that dominate our news. Today's 2GN2S (too good not to share) happened when I saw this artwork. I like to credit the artist, so I took down his name. 

 

Pawel Kuczynski

I loved this work so much, it personified the ugly war that dominates our thoughts. So from there is just took some time to look him up and I found a treasure, here. I will include just a few of his works, but you will find more at the above link. Clear at first sight. Illustrations by Pawel Kuczynski and its great meaning of how to fit the features of the whole country or generation into one illustration? Pawel Kuczynski can clearly and subtly show what is familiar to millions.
 


 




 

 

"I'm freelance and working mostly as the illustrator for magazines, websites, and books publisher.  I have been drawing always, as I remember. But my professional career started when I graduated from Academy of Fine Arts in Poznan in 2001 and from 2004 I started dealing with satirical illustration."

"I like the kind of humor, as laugh through tears. Sometimes is a black humor. But satire it's not to make people comfortable. It's the kind of way to show something important in the understanding form."

 



 


"In modern world with the internet and other visual media, is very easy to be observer of the world. I'm interested with the global problems, as the new technology, ecology relations between people. I don't use the words in my works, so they are understanding on all of the world."

"I like observe the people and the relations between them. I only try to say, what I see. I don't try to change anything, but I'm happy, when the people likes my works and when they find some important ideas... and after this, they begin to think about change ourselves." 
 

 
More works of Pawel can be found on his pages in Instagram and Facebook

 


 

Update ...

In 2018 I had the idea to write gratitude notes to the special people in my life, and I started. 
 

One of the first ones was to a young man twenty years my junior, who I think of as an annoying little brother. He is precious to me, as I am an only child. I mention this because as soon as he received it he was on the phone checking to see if I was alright? Now I always explain that I am in good health, it's just that I have a lot of people that I wanted to thank and I needed to get going. 
 
Now in 2022, at 80, I have mailed 46 and more to do.
 

 
 
A sweet 3+minute video, Breadhere.


 
Just because ...
 
American Goldfinch


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 







 
 

   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

So amazing to see an artist with such an ability to get ideas across by symbols: really wonderful. Thank you Jacki.

elenor said...

Today's 2GN2S story is a real treasure (again!). It's so touching and also disturbing to see how this artist sees clearly what is going on - and wrong! - in the world. And he is able to "translate" this to us so we can understand it finally. Thanks, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol! YES, I think he is so talented. A special talent to provoke us to think through his art?

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, I am glad you enjoyed his work too. No words but the thoughts come throught to the viewer. Happy Sunday