Friday, May 20, 2022

Day 3561: Prayer.

 

"Prayer": ink, watercolor, collage, digital.

 


Want music?




Click here: Diverge, Life is my Soundtrack
by Christopher Bright (former student)
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Taylor Swift gives NYU commencement speech


Taylor Swift famously sang about “feeling 22.” A decade later, she’s celebrating it – the class of ’22, that is. The prolific pop singer received an honorary doctorate of fine arts on Wednesday from New York University, and also delivered this year’s commencement speech at Yankee Stadium.

“I’m 90% sure the main reason I’m here is because I have a song called ’22’,” she joked. Despite not receiving a four-year college experience, Swift used her almost 20-minute speech to give the recent graduates “life hacks” on navigating post-graduate and early career life, including “life can be heavy,” to “learn to live alongside cringe.”

Taylor Swift waves at graduating students during NYU's commencement ceremony for class of 2022.

“Hard things will happen to us. We will recover. We will learn from it. We will grow more resilient because of it. As long as we are fortunate enough to be breathing, we will breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out,” she said. “And I’m a doctor now, so I know how breathing works.”

Prior to the graduation, NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music also featured an entire course on Taylor Swift this year, taught by Rolling Stone writer Brittany Spanos. The course covered Swift’s rise to pop stardom, her public persona.

 


 

Update ...

As I was getting into my car after class at the dojo, I looked 
over at some beautiful purple flowers on the wall.



 Before I put my key in the ignition, I thought I heard them say, "take our picture! You blog needs it!"
 

And, so I did.

 

Throwback Thursday ...

 


Superman reading bible stories to young Grandhunks 3,2,1 
at bedtime, Villa Park, 2003.

 

 

 

 

 
 
A beautiful 2+minute video, See Parishere.


 
Just because ...
 
Purple Finch, male

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 


 


 




  
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

I love how my eyes want to complete the rest of the “portrait”. I like the feel of this piece. :-)

elenor said...

That was a lovely idea to take pictures of these cute purple flowers - thanks.
The video of Paris brought back wonderful memories. We spent 4 days in Paris with our younger son and girlfriend in 2010.
Being able to learn is one of the best gifts at our age, I think.
Happy weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I am trying to find more hopeful in this dark travesty. I mailed a silly postcard o you today.

jacki long said...

Thanks you, Elenor. Your kind comments are so good for my soul. Happy weekend to you.