Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Day 3544: Ravage.


 

"Ravage": collage & ink drawing.




Want music?




Click here: Justin Timberlake, Suit and Tie.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

The Tustin Historical Home Tour is coming up. 
It's an annual May tradition in our little town.
I'll be out of town then, so I thought I'd share
some pictures from ten years ago in 2012. 




It's a walking tour of older homes 
on unusually large lots.


              

But who would expect to meet "Emily"? An emu!




I was captivated.




Emily was curious.




Then pensive, as she was pretty sure 
I didn't have food.


        

Not known for my moderation, I shot continually, 
from every angle,  like a paparazzi with a diva. 



And then it was done. 




Posing was done, I was dismissed.

 

 
 
 
A cute 2+minute video, Roscoe Racoonhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Wompoo Fruit Dove


 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 


 

 


 


  


 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

I love this piece. I am a big fan of crows, ravens, magpies….Crows are so smart. I love collecting stories about them. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I really appreciate you!

elenor said...

The ravage is already immense. Not only the houses are damaged, the souls are damaged too and they are much more difficult to be healed. Your collage shows that perfectly.
Your last smile about the children is just wonderful.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, yes the poor country is ravaged in every way, it is so unfair. But war is always that. I think we all crave the unconditional love, so rarely given