Friday, May 6, 2022

Day 3547: Face of war 2.


"Face of war-2": photos, collage & digital.




Want music?




Click here: Cee Lo Green, I Can't Go For That.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...



 



 




 




 


** I would have loved to credit the photographer and cat wrangler, but somehow I got the images but no information. 

I apologize.


 
Update ...

I am trying to gradually purge papers. I do a little at a time, there is a mountain and it's going to take forever. I came across this little photobook ...
 

The inside cover it said to Vonda (my Aunt Vonda)
from Geneva (my Aunt Geneva).


The first page was dated 1929, and many of the following pages showed where photos had been  but were now missing.

Most had Aunt Vonda's pretty handwriting.


Towards the back, I found some photographs ...

Like a visit from the past ...

 
And, a trip to California , where Uncle Les and Aunt Geneva lived at the time.
 

 
And that was all, but it seemed like a little visit with Aunt Vonda and the family. I wonder what she would think of digital photos now? No film, rarely and photo or scrapbook other than on the cloud?
 
 
At my mailbox today, these roses seemed to say, take our picture, we will brighten your silly blog. So, I obliged.


 

 
 
 
A sweet 5-minute video, Park Benchhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Waxwing

 
 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 




 
 


 
     

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

5 comments:

john said...

How sad that the face of war is a child. It makes one want to tear up.

jacki long said...

Yes, children even more than adult have no control over the war they are in. So vulnerable. Thanks, John.

elenor said...

Couldn't this photo album be called a time capsule? It's a real treasure. What are you going to do with it? Will you keep it hoping one of the boys will appreciate this family document? I couldn't give it away. You are right Aunt Vonda's handwriting is beautiful. Today children learn to typewrite already in Elementary school. I wonder what their handwriting will look like.
Happy weekend, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes, our young students don't learn cursive handwriting and have real difficulty reading it. I think it's a shame. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

The photo album from one aunt to another was amazing! How you thought it artful to show the antiquated pages with missing pictures and beautiful handwriting shows how creative you are
Jacki!