Sunday, May 8, 2022

Day 3550: Mothers Day

 

 

"Mothers Day/Ukraine": watercolors

 


Want music?




Click here: Perry Como, And I Love You So.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Update ...

My forty-ninth Mothers Day, it was wonderful. We met at ...

428 E 17th St, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
 

Delicious food, Grandhunk #2 works there, but not until later in the day. We 13 were seated and ordered great meals. 
 

I passed around my phone to capture the different brunch meals.

(My breakfast tacos, much better than it appears)

 


 



   They tell me everyone had one of the above. If you go, the guacamole is outstanding. After, we took some pictures ...

Hoda's 3 sons, Tarek, Superman (Bassel) & Jimmy
* Mike, Hoda's husband, father and grandfather was unable to attend as he was preparing for a medical procedure and couldn't eat the food.

Maddy, Lauren, Jimmy & Logan.

  
Zack, Jake, Bassel, Erin & Jordan

Grandhunk #3, #2, WonderWoman, and GH #1

Grandmas & Grandkids: Jake, Maddy, me, Zack, Hoda, Logan & Jordan

 
GH #3, 3, me, Superman,WonderWoman, Hoda, Grandhunk #1

Me, my child with her children on Mothers Day 2022

A great day, thank you for your patience.

 

 
 
A fun 3 minute video, winter diaryhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Black Burnian Warbler


 
 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 
 


 

 
 
   
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

This piece is a gem. What a way to express the pain on a day that should be one of rejoicing!

jacki long said...

Thank you , John.

elenor said...

How lovely to see you together with your family. Everybody is happy and grateful for this. I too had a wonderful Mothers Day, but we also had to celebrate the 70th birthday of my husband and the birthdays of two of my grandkids (7 and 9). We had a good time together and I'm still totally happy today.
For many other mothers it surely wasn't a good and happy day at all. You expressed this perfectly in your art of the day.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am so glad you had a great Mothers Day and birthday celenrations. We are blessed. It wasn't such a great day in the Ukraine.